It Takes Two To Tango

The next morning Jason and Elizabeth were awakened by a gentle knocking at the bedroom door, Jason knowing in certainty that it was his father and not his mother who would have been less than kind in her efforts. "Jason, it's 9:30 and Jacob called looking for you." Adolphus said through the door.

Jason reached over to the nightstand, grabbing at his phone which had several notifications from the Master Beta, all of which he seemingly slept through. He sighed as he sat up on the side of the bed and began to go through them, responding only to the question regarding whether or not he was going to be a no show again today at the pack house. Elizabeth stirred behind him and began to rise herself as she yawned and stretched out her arms, looking over to him as he shook his head in annoyance. Finding it super inconvenient to be in the Alpha position at the moment.

"Everything alright?" she asked with sleep still lacing her tone.

"Yeah, I just have to go to a meeting." he said as he stood up and stretched himself out. "I should get going, I have to go home and get changed before I go to the pack house."

"You're not staying for breakfast?" she asked back with a little deflation in her voice at his abrupt departure.

"No time." he said with shortness in his words and a brevity in his tone, shaking his head as he put on his shoes. He seemed to be a little more normal this morning, still a muted form of his usual character, but his mood appeared to be more even and natural. "Ill setup your appointment on the drive. I have to go." he said depositing a kiss on top of her head before immediately leaving the house and getting into his car, speeding away from the home to start his day.

An hour and a half had passed, and Elizabeth spent her time with Catherine and Adolphus in the kitchen, while the older man read through his paper and Catherine and her idly chatted about the day. Jason's mother was more than happy to take her to get hair done, making a comment about how they would have to find other ways to run up his credit card bill so he could begin to make an amends. She was also a little shocked when Elizabeth said he suggested utilizing an off territory stylist, knowing her son and it not being indicative of his character to willingly allow his mate to cross the border without him.

At 11:00am she received her first text from him.

Made the apt for 12. Couldn't get earlier.

K. What's the address? Did you make it to the pack house?

Elizabeth waited for him to respond, as she idly sipped on her coffee. A half an hour passed before she took note of the time and became concerned she would miss the appointment due to not knowing where it was. She texted him again to prod an answer.

Hello?

Sorry, in a meeting. Yes, I'm here. Address is: 1413 Summit Ave, Rapid Falls Mo

"Catherine, he sent me the address, will we make it in enough time?" she asked, handing his mother the phone who quickly reviewed the brief exchange before looking at the address and rolling her eyes with the shake of her head.

"Yes, I'd venture to say we'll be perfectly on time." she said now understanding Jason's comfortability with using an off territory stylist.

"Is it close by?" Elizabeth questioned back, not understanding her reaction.

"I would say so, since were already here." she said with a flippant hand wave, only accentuated by Adolphus laughing behind his paper.

"Dear, you didn't really think he'd let you take her off pack grounds, did you?" his smirk showing he thought her reaction humorously cute.