Chapter 7

Hey, y'all.

Alright, this is it, the final chapter. I'm glad I can finally stop working on this; it wasn't one of my best creations, but it was fun to write.

Some minor updates: I'm currently working on two stories right now that are in their very early stages. The first one I know for a fact will be very short, but I'm uncertain how long the second one will be.

And since it's officially another year, I hope this year is at least better than 2020.

That's all. See you on another story.

_____

Sea Patroller, Living Quarters

7:09 AM EST

July 21st

As they approached closer to Adventure Bay, Marshall thought over many things during breakfast. It was sort of awkward, in a way, as he wasn't used to having it with the other pups, since the cruise. He knew that, eventually, they would question him and Everest about what it is like to be stuck on that island, but they both decided that they would discuss the story later. After all, they have gone through a lot.

But more importantly, Marshall was hoping to get to talk to Everest... alone. Yes, they have been alone for such an extended time, but after the incident a few days ago, they never spoke one word to each other in private. Yes, they still talked frequently, but only when in a group, and never one on one. That's why he was anticipating getting to talk to her. He needed to get things straight with her. It was clear that there was something very close that could form between the two, but he didn't know if now was the time.

"Thank you, Ryder sir," Chase thanked Ryder as he finished his meal. Everyone but Marshall and Everest had finished eating by then, Chase finishing just now. Ryder nodded in response to Chase, who exited the room shortly afterward. Ryder gave Marshall a soft pat, grinned, and left the room as well.

Everest had finished shortly afterward, and was about to leave, until...

"Wait, Everest," he heard Marshall call out to her. Quickly she turned and glanced at him, who caught up to her. "Before you leave, I want to talk...," he explained.

"Oh... of course. What is it?"

"Um, so, do you remember a few days ago...?" Marshall brought up, stuttering as he went by. Everest fully knew well what he meant by, and became a little red.

"Y-yeah."

"Well, listen... I've had these sorts of feelings recently. Feelings that have never left me since on that island. Maybe even before that. What I'm saying is... that moment we had... I felt we had something. Everest, do you think... we can go further than that?" Marshall asked of her. She smiled widely.

"Marshall, that would make me very glad," she told him. Again, an attraction so strong pulled the two closer. And for the second time their lips connected, but for a shorter while this time. When they both parted, Marshall spoke up.

"We should probably head out now."

"Good idea," Everest agreed, as the two caught up with the group.

"Well pups, we're almost there," Ryder told all the pups as they gathered at the exit to the Sea Patroller. Adventure Bay was just in their vision, and the Lookout peeking from above. All the pups had a face of enthusiasm, but especially present within Marshall and Everest. Skye glanced to see how excited Everest was, her face beaming with pure joy.

"You're happy to see Jake once again, aren't you?" Skye asked her.

"He's like a father to me. He must've been worried about me...," she replied, tilting her head to the ground. Marshall gave her a soft pat.

"Hey, don't feel too bad. You'll get to see him again," he pointed out, which made her much better.

"You're right. Thank you for that."

"Here we are," Ryder announced, as the Sea-Patroller docked. The heavy metal doors slowly opened, the fresh sunlight shining on them. One by one, everyone stepped out onto the sandy beach. Marshall lavished in the sand, enjoying finally being home. Meanwhile, for Everest, she looked desperately for her owner... until... she saw his face.

He saw her two, and the two sprinted to one another and jumped into the strongest embrace they have ever given each other. Everest cried on his shoulder, telling him how much she missed him. Jake let her sorrow let out the sorrow emotions she had built.

"I missed you, too. When I heard what happened to you, I just couldn't stop thinking of what bad could happen to you. But I knew you would pull through," he told her.

Marshall grinned as he saw this exchange. Chase came up next to him, noticing he was staring at them.

"You glad to be home, Marshall?" Chase asked the dalmatian. Without any hesitation, he replied to his best friend:

"Yes. Yes, I am."

End.