Chapter 2

Hey y'all.

You know, I wasn't really sure at first if this would be great when I first released it. I mean, I wanted to write something maybe more different than I've been used to, and I wasn't sure I would do a good job at that.

Well, I was wrong. It seems as if most of you are enjoying this, and for what's it worth, I'm glad about that. Because now I feel confident to do totally wild ideas.

Okay, that's all.

____

Paw Patrol Lookout, Adventure Bay

6:30 AM EST

July 13, 2020

The pups were enjoying a nice breakfast as Ryder read the daily newspaper. "Hm, that's strange," he muttered to himself, as he took a swig of coffee. "What's strange, Ryder sir?" Chase asked in curiosity. "Well, apparently, there was a cruise ship that crashed into an iceberg last night, and it's unknown how many survived, or even where the survivors are," Ryder explained. "Cruise ship? Like the one Marshall and Everest were on?" Rubble asked. "Yeah, but I think it's probably a coincidence. After all, if something bad happened to Marshall or Everest, they would call us."

Unknown Island

9:20 AM EST

Cold. Exposed. Windy. It was a feeling Marshall hadn't felt before. He opened his eyes, and glanced around, confused on where he was. Then, the memories came back. "Where am I?! Where's Everest?!" he asked himself, hyperventilating in panic as he was alone, or so he thought. "Marshall? You're awake?" he heard someone's voice behind him, as he yelped in fear. "Everest?! Oh, you're alive!" he realized it was Everest, then embraced her tight.

"Uh, yeah. It's me," Everest replied awkwardly. It was kind of embarrassing, but, also, kind of warming. "Wait, what happened to us? Where did we end up?" Marshall questioned, as he observed his surroundings.

"Oh, well, after we jumped into the ocean, you passed out from the cold I guess. I didn't want to leave you to die, so I carried you and swam for almost the whole night until we got here," Everest explained. Marshall then finally noticed how Everest looked completely exhausted, and her fur lost almost all it's color. "I... passed out? Oh, stupid me!" he exclaimed to himself. "Hey, it's okay. It wasn't your fault. But, uh, we're kind of... stuck here now," Everest told him.

"Oh... oh no. How are we supposed to get rescue?! We can't contact anyone out here, and even if we could, there is no signal here!" Marshall realized, as he thought they were going to die there. "Well, we can still contact the pups," Everest told him. "How? I left my pup-tag on the ship." "But I didn't leave mine," Everest explained to him, as he pulled out her tag. "So that means... we can contact Ryder?" Marshall asked Everest, who nodded in response.

Paw Patrol Lookout, Adventure Bay

9:31 AM EST

Ryder was sitting at his desk, and was currently analyzing the newspaper again. What little information was given turned out to be surprising. Apparently, it wasn't from Adventure Bay, and had sunk not long after it's departure. However, it's unclear where the survivors were and if they're even alive.

"I hope Marshall and Everest are okay. The last thing I would want is that to be them," Ryder said to himself. Suddenly, he got a call... from Everest. He answered it right away, and saw Everest's face on screen, but she didn't look the same.

"Ryder?! Oh, thank the heavens you answered! We've been trying to contact you for the past few minutes!" Everest explained. "Everest? Are you okay? Why do you look like that?" Ryder asked her. "No, we're not okay. I think the cruise ship crashed or something? I don't know, I can't remember, all I know is that me and Marshall are stranded on some deserted island," Everest replied back. "Please hurry, we-," Everest was telling him, but the call was cut short.