aon

Daegan POV

I yawned as I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood to my feet. The plan had landed just moments ago and I wanted nothing more than to get the hell off this damn thing so I could stretch properly.

Why they put me on such a small plane was a mystery to me. I couldn't even stand up straight with the way I had to crouched down to get out.

I grabbed my bag out the overhead bin and moved down the aisles. I muttered curses under my breath as I passed the stewardesses asking me if I enjoyed the flight.

How the fuck could I with the sorry excuse for that piss ass excuse for leg room? Not everyone is short as hell, and I sure ain't so fuck them.

I walked off the plane and into the airport, keeping my head straight ahead as people stared at me. I would've told them all off, but my grandma and ma wouldn't be happy to hear that I showed my bum the first minute here.

I made my way to baggage claim and in front of the kiosk was a large black man with grey hair holding up a poster with "Edmonstone" in large cursive letters. Considering it was my name I knew he was waiting for me; he apparently was my so called "exchange family", a silly title to give complete strangers.

As I made my way over, he caught sight of me, probably recognizing me from the pictures and whatnot.

"Mr. Martin?", I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yep that's me", he smiled warmly, lowering his sign, looking me up a down, "boy, they didn't tell us how tall you'd be", he commented, staring up at me.

I shrugged, taking the time to look him over as well. He wasn't exactly short either, coming up to about my shoulder. I bet he felt intimidated by me.

When my bags finally came around, I grabbed one and went get the other when Mr. Martin beat me to the punch. "Let me get one of those for ya, doubt you couldn't carry them both easy though", he elbowed my side playfully before turning on his heels, "come on, bet you're tired from the trip."

I followed behind me quietly as we headed out the airport and got into his truck, "By the way, welcome to Whitefish, Montana."

* * * * * *

The entire car ride I just looked out the window taking in the scenery as we passed by gas stations and random buildings. The town was a bit dreary looking, kinda boring to me, but not that I expected better. They don't send exchange students to the nice places.

After about 30 minutes we pulled into the driveway of a large comfy looking house before Mr. Martin turned of the car. "We're home", he smiled at me, but I just got out of the car to get my bags.

As we made our way to the house, he gave me a speak about about "how much fun this would be" and how great North Havens High was

Truth be told, I wanted to skip all the semantics and go to sleep before I'd have to start school.

I'd admit it was nice to find out that they had a much longer summer break than we did back home. That was the only good thing they were getting from me in this bullshit exchange.

We entered in house and I tried to take in as much as I could. The walls were a warm light blue, covered with pictures and decorations.

Mr. Martin put down his bags, taking off his coat, "Honey, I'm back from getting Daegan from the airport!", I recoiled at the loudness of his fucking voice, "She's been going crazy making preparations for when you arrived."

Just as I was about to roll my eyes, a woman appeared at the end of hallway and as she got closer I noticed how...tiny she was. She barely cleared my stomach; probably 5"5 or even less. She had blonde hair shaved low and pretty brown eyes. I wouldn't lie; she was a beautiful lady.

She had an apron tied around her small waist, what I assumed to be flour on her cheek, "Hello Daegan, welcome to our home. I'm Kleo Martin, nice to meet you", she greeted, wiping her hand on her apron before giving me a hug. Weird.

"I hope your flight was okay?", she asked, pulling away and giving Mr. Martin a kiss.

I shrugged, "'twas okay, ah jalouse ", I shifted back and forth on my heels. I wish we would get on with this; I might be a big boy, but my bags were heavy as shit. (It was okay, I guess)

Still, she continued yapping, "Well that's good to know", she said after a pause. I could tell she hardly understood a word I was saying, but I wasn't surprised. She walked over to the staircase, hopefully to show me my room.

"Octavious get down here!", she yelled up the stairs, before stepping back to our side. Great, more introductions; I just went ahead and put my bags down. I know I seemed like an asshole and you wouldn't be entirely wrong. I wasn't disrespectful, but I was hard headed and honest like my Pa was.

"On my way", a deep voice echoed through the house. Heavy footsteps followed and he soon came into view. He was tall black boy, not as tall as me, but probably a couple inches shorter than Mr. Martin. He was a big guy; not saying he was fat, but more on the husky stout side, like bulky. I could tell He took more after his Ma. He was cute, but not my type; not that I planned to fuck my host family's son.

He did I double take when he saw me, clearly thrown off by my size, "I'm Octavious but you can call me Otto", he introduced warmly and his smile was so wide I thought something was wrong with him.

I didn't wanna seem like a dick so I shook his hand, giving it a little squeeze just because.

"Daegan."

We dropped hands and his parents went into what I presumed was the kitchen, telling Octavious to show me around. "Well want me to show you to your room? Sure you're too tired for a tour right now."

I just shrugged, grabbing my bags, "Aye, honestly am'fair peched as fuck." Now need the filter myself since the adults were gone and I'm positive he's cursed before. (Yes, honestly I'm tired as fuck)

He laughed, more than likely not knowing what I was saying, but thankfully he still got the gist of what I'd said. He grabbed the rest of my bags and leading me up the stairs.

Endnotes: This is Mr. and Mrs. Martin

 Martin