fichead 's a h-aon

Daegan POV

The rest of the week kinda flew by. I really wasn't paying much attention, too busy enjoying being with Tenoa again. Now with that homophobic twat gone, I could properly enjoy the school year and more importantly, Tenoa.

I had already dropped him off at home after school, reminding him about our date and how excited I was before heading to the Martin's myself.

I had gotten out of the shower and was starting to get ready. I brushed my teeth and put on some deodorant as well as some cocoa butter that was in the bathroom too. Otto told me I had to start using it because "white people get ashy too". I didn't mind because it smelt really good; one whiff and I immediately recognized it as the same smell that was on my doll. No wonder he always smelt so delicious. I left the bathroom and went back to my room to get dressed. I looked at my clothes laid out on the bed and began to get dressed.

I looked at my ensemble in the mirror before I started working on my hair

I looked at my ensemble in the mirror before I started working on my hair. Otto had taken me for a haircut since I needed to be "fresh" for my date tonight. My hair had grown out a bit since staying here and the barber wanted to try something different. It was alot shorted than I usually kept it, but it was a nice change.

I was nervous at first because it made my ears look big as fuck, but it came out nice. I couldn't help but hope my doll would like it. If he hated it, I would gladly wear a hat for the next couple months until it grew out.

Once I was done brushing my hair, I checked my phone to find that it was going on 6:20 and I decided it was time to go. I knew I had to fill up on gas on the way, so I had to leave now so he wouldn't be waiting. I'd hate to keep my doll waiting.

I grabbed my coat, gum and keys before looking at myself again in the mirror. I took a deep breath before walking out. I thundered down the Martin house steps as per usual, having to go 2 steps at a time to avoid falling on my face. I had to learn that the hard-way.

I just so happened to run into Mr. Martin once I reached the bottom. "You ready for your date tonight?", he asked me.

I looked myself over one last time before nodding, "Ah think a'm." I wasn't gonna lie, I was slightly nervous. I had never been so nervous in my life. Damn, the effect my doll has on me. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't love it. (I think I am)

Mr. Martin sent me an understanding nod, "Don't worry kid, just go out and have fun. Keep things light and everything will be fine." He gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze. I would be lying if I didn't need it; it reminded me of my pa. I wish he and my family were here to send me off. My family would love Tenoa. I was pulled from my thoughts by something being stuffed into my palm.

I frowned, looking back at Mr. Martin who just pressed a finger to his lips before turning away, "You two have fun and tell Monica I said hello."

I looked down at my hand to find two folded twenty dollar bills. I was kinda shocked. I had some money, but I wasn't gonna complain about extra cash in my pocket. I stuffed it into my pockets before looking around.