Chapter Six

We ended up travelling back to my apartment. Grey wasn't keen on the idea of us heading back to his penthouse to chat given the situation with Ari and Earl Blackstone. He told me to give him a month. I wanted to help him and free his Dad's name from the allegations being made against him. Grey didn't like that prospect.

I may have kept quiet but the whole Ari situation bothered me immensely. How does one pretend to be in a relationship? Surely some feelings have been accrued along the way. He always told me not to believe what I read but I couldn't help myself. They did look extremely happy in the photos that I had seen online of them a few weeks back. How can one fake happiness like that?

There was just something about this man that I couldn't shake. Love didn't seem to match the feelings that I felt for him, they were too significant for that. Overwhelming adoration? Still not good enough. It was intense. Sometimes it scared me to think of how much I felt for Grey. He was the only one that had the power to hurt me so easily and it was terrifying.

I forgave him for what he did, truly. However, that didn't mean that he had every ounce of my trust. He knew that. I felt anxious about his emotions, would he lash out with being overwhelmed? He handled the news of my pregnancy a little too calmly and it made me wonder if clogs were turning in his mind. A mind that I was so destined to try and understand.

"Would you like me to make you a coffee?" I heard him call me out of my thoughts.

I scrunched my nose at the proposal. "Definitely not. Please don't make yourself one either." The substance that once fuelled me to everyday life was now my biggest enemy.

I watched as his brows furrowed in confusion. A hint of rejections flashing in his eyes and I knew what my statement sounded like to him. Don't make yourself one because I don't want you to stay here. That couldn't be any farther from the truth. Even when he maddens me to the core, I still want him around.

"The smell Greyson." I rolled my eyes playfully but his confusion didn't lesson. "I don't think the baby likes coffee, I hurl at the sight of smell of it."

The information clicked and a smile teased the edges of his lips. "Oh dear." He teased. "Emily Theron can no longer drink coffee. Is it safe for me to be here?" His tone full of playfulness.

I walked over to him as he leaned his back against the counter top, I was trying to summarise his thoughts but like always with Grey that was an impossible task.

"You know I'm expecting you to freak out on me at any given moment." I teased trying to keep his playful mood present. "I literally dropped a bombshell on you tonight and your acting in a way that I never thought you would." I concluded biting my lip and trying to ease the anxiousness in my chest.

He titled his head slightly as he looked at me, his grey eyes sparkling. "There's still time to freak out." He teased.

"But.."

"But, I'm not going to." He promised with a stern voice. "I told you earlier that had this happened with anyone but you, I would have acted in a completely different matter." I nodded slowly at his statement and believed the sincerity in his eyes.

However there was still a lot to discuss. Until tonight we hadn't spoken in two months. Two months in which so much had happened in.

"I just don't want you to feel pressured." God this next part was awful but it had to be said. "I don't want you to think or believe that because I'm pregnant that we need to be together. I can understand if you feel a pressure that we have to Grey but we don't."

"Emily.."

"Shush a minute." I told him placing my hand against his mouth. "What I'm trying to say is that I didn't tell you that I was pregnant as some sort of ultimatum. That this is what I expect from you because I don't expect anything. You've expressed that you want to be in our baby's life and regardless of whether we're together or not, you'll always be a part of our baby's life." I pulled my hand away and watched as his eyes slightly narrowed and his lips thinned ever so slightly.