04~A New Case

If Naru returned that night, I didn't see him. Speaking of Naru, that stupid jerk just left without telling me where to sleep! So I ended up sleeping on the couch in the living room. In the clothes I had worn yesterday.

Or at least tried to anyway. Oliver woke up every thirty minutes crying. It was either because he was hungry, needed a diaper change or just wanted to be rocked to sleep. Now, most people would find this annoying and would complain about the lack of sleep. But I just couldn't be angry about it.

In fact, I loved rocking him to sleep! I would stand up with him curled up in my arms and would rock in a circle, quietly humming my mother's lullaby. Then I would lay down with him on my chest and I would rub his little back as he slept.

Anyways, it was now eight in the morning. Oliver was wide awake and playing with his spoon once more as I made breakfast. I loved his innocence, it helped me forget the cruelty of the world.

As I danced around the small kitchen, I began to sing a song from an anime that I watched whenever I had spare time.

"Deai ni iro wa nakute monokuro fukinukeru Itami goto kimi yudanemashou!" I danced weirdly around the kitchen, twirling my hips and clapping my hands as Oliver banged his spoon at me.

"Kizuato tsuyoku nazoru youshanai aki ga kite Suzushii yubi temaneku mama ni!" I stopped singing and just resorted to humming after that, staying close to make sure the omelets I was cooking didn't burn.

"What are you doing?" The emotionless voice rang out loudly in the kitchen, causing me to jump and somehow burn my arm on the stove.

"Ah!" I gasped and grabbed the offended limb, trying to sooth the pain spearing up my arm and down my fingers worse than wildfire.

"Idiot." Large cold hands landed on my upper arms and guided me to the sink, turning on the cold water and positioning my burn beneath it. I sighed in slight relief as the burn went down and Naru knelt down to get something out of the cabinet under me.

He set the first aid kit on the counter before turning the water off. I really couldn't help the whimper that slipped through my lips as the cooling water disappeared, only to be replaced by the biting burn of fire.

"Hold still." I stop fiddling around and he quickly smothers my arm in this greenish-whitish salve, instantly soothing my pain. A sigh escapes me and I lean on Naru as he finishes wrapping my arm in gauze.

"Thank you Naru."

Oliver's POV

I watched mommy dance around the kitchen and laughed at her, waving my baton in support. She giggled, singing and humming as she messed with this large block. It was then that I noticed daddy. He was leaning against the door, arms crossed and a small smirk on his face as his eyes followed her around.

"What are you doing?" Daddy pushed off from the door as mommy jumped before letting out a small scream. What was wrong with mommy?!

"Idiot." Daddy hurried towards mommy and they headed over to the other side of the large block thing. A large "whoossssssshhhhhh," sounded and mommy sighed as daddy crouched down and opened the front of the large box thing! He pulled out another box and set it down on top of the box next to mommy.

"Hold still." Mommy whimpered as daddy settled behind her and rubbed something on her arm. Then for some reason she leaned back on daddy, her eyes closing as a peaceful expression crossed her face. Her eyes open as daddy wraps this white thing around her arm and she looks up at him.

"Thank you Naru." It was then that I decided to make my presence known. I let out a gurgle and then began to move.

Mai's POV