07~New Information and Fluff

Oliver sat in the middle of the room surrounded by a barrier of pillows and toys, all bought by his new Auntie Madoka. He even had a new toy from Uncle Lin! That was his favorite, it was a little blue plushie ghost!

"Madoka come look at this!" Mommy was sitting on the floor next to him, papers scattered around her in an organized mess as she looked at her laptop. (It was so pretty too! It was a soft sparkling green that-)

"Ahhh!" Oh his new friend was here! He waved his ghost plushie at his other uncle and cooed out a hello.

'Shh, I'm not supposed to be here little Oliver.'

Huh? Not supposed to be here? But Uncle was always here!

'I want to show mommy something but I need your help. Will you let me?'

The man crouched down next to the child, transparent and glowing a soft blue in Oliver's eyes. When the child gave a small nod he grinned and held out a hand, hesitating before placing it on his forehead.

'Thank you.'

~x-X-x~

Madoka grinned at the information on Mai's screen. Naru had said that the girl was only good for making tea and shelving files but here she was giving her the best information possible!

"Wow Mai! How did you find this?" Really how? She herself was looking but she had barely gotten anything! The girl shrugged and shook her head.

"I really don't know! I guess maybe it's the way I word it?" Hmm...could this be that great intuition she's heard about from Lin?

~x-X-x~

Whoa, it's really weird being in the body of a seven month old. Now let's see, how to do this....

"Gah!" He threw the plushie and it landed on the paper he wanted it too. Great! Now he had to get out of this body quickly before he triggered lasting damage.

~x-X-x~

He had his body back! But, where was his plushie? Over there! Wait, why was it over there?! Oliver pushed himself to the pillow barrier and when he couldn't get over it his eyes began to sting.

"WAH!!!!" He wanted his plushie! Uncle Lin gave him that and he wanted it!

Mai gasped and was next to Oliver in a flash, picking him up and rocking him.

~x-X-x~

"Hey, it's okay! Mommy's here." As he calmed down a flash of blue in the corner of her eye caught her attention.

"What's little ghost doing over here?" Quickly bending down she picked up the ghost and gave it to the wriggling baby.

"Huh? Oh my...." Madoka picked up the paper the plushie was on and grinned.

"Madoka?" The woman scared her sometimes with her ransoms squeals and shouts, honestly it made her dizzy just thinking about the fact that this crazy person was Naru's teacher! His teacher!

"Naru has got to see all this information we've gathered!" Her grin darkened and Mai pulled her son closer to her body as a protective warmth began to well up within her.

~x-X-x~

Naru was exhausted. Not only did he have to pretend to be an assistant but he had to act like one too! Now, granted, he was used to this with Mai, however she wasn't here! Neither was her delicious calming tea. No, she had to stay away from here so that Oliver was safe. So that she was saf-

"Hi guys!"

"Mai! Madoka!" He blinked and clenched his fists as that, that stubborn, idiotic, cute assistant of his stood outside the large window with a grin on her face and Oliver on her hip. One day he would dock her pay, he would give her so much paper work that she wouldn't be able to breathe!

"Hey Naru, if you take Oliver I'll make you some tea! Madoka brought a small portable oven and I can see a tea pot on the table." But today was not that day. Straightening his coat he strode over to the window and took the squirming baby. Oliver was pouring slightly, a small stuffed blue ghost clasped in his fist as he latched on to Naru's jacket with his other fist.

"Na~!" Mai was next to climb through the window and he stood next to her as she set about making tea, trying his best not to look like a deprived puppy addicted to tea.

~x-X-x~

Lin smiled behind his laptop as Naru and Mai sat together on the couch. The oldest sipped his tea as Madoka explained her and Mai's findings whilst the other played with Oliver and that ridiculous toy Madoka had made him buy.

"Oh! Naru I don't know why you said Mai wasn't good at research! She found half of this for me!" Madoka praised the girl and he resisted a chuckle as she blushed and his her face in Oliver's whisky baby hair. His charge simply raised an eyebrow and he resisted the urge to smack him.

"Anyway, Oliver was so cute! He kept playing with the plushie Lin bought him and I think it's his favorite!" Out of the corner of his eye he watched as Takigawa and Matsuzaki both pouted from the table they sat at with Yasuharu, Father Brown and Hara-San.

"What about the little stuffed guitar I bought him?!"

"Shut up you pedophilloic old man! As if that thing could become his favorite toy! At least I did something useful and took Mai shopping for clothes!" Great. More sexual tension from the couple that argued as if they were married. Just as he turned to glare at the pink haired fiend who had gotten them started the lights went out. He jumped to his feet with everyone else, and that was when the screaming started.

His job was complicated.

~x-X-x~

"Naru?!" Mai was scared, her heart working over time to deal with the sudden darkness and the noises and screams she was hearing. Oliver began to wail and she hugged him closer, the fierce, warm protectiveness seeming to crackle to life and merge with something else.

"Stay calm Mai." An arm wrapped around her shoulders and she blushed at the thought of Naru pulling her towards him. It was then she realized that he was also generating safety. It was cool and soft and rippled to combine with that feeling that crackled across her skin. It called to her and she stifled the need to snuggle up to her boss.

Oliver's wails died down and the screams drowned to a halt, the lights flashing back on and blinding them all. Mai blushed as everyone was suddenly staring at her.

No.

They were staring at her and Naru and his arm wrapped around her shoulder as she leaned into him. She hadn't even realized! They had both leapt to their feet when the darkness had draped across the room like a cursed blanket, and while they were waiting she had moved closer to his side!

She was now tucked safely into his side, Oliver wrapped in her arms as her own face was inches from his chest.

CLICK.

She blinked as a light flashed. What was that? Well, she thought as she swiftly moved away from Naru and towards the window, whatever it was Naru looks mad. She shrugged and as the window slowly lid shut she called back something she hoped lifted his spirits some.

"There's still some tea left in the pot!"