Bet You Didn't See That One Coming?

Chaeyoung and Joy -what could go wrong?

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

___________

It's crazy... but let's be very honest here; crazy seems a little "inaccurate" a word to describe everything that's been happening, yeah? When you're at that point where you're not sure if you'll survive or not-or if you'll end up being the zombie combo meal of the day, I think crazy doesn't really begin to cover it, like at all. But who am I to say? I'm just your regular run of the mill human here trying to survive, right? Who cares what I have to think? Obviously, you... but for discussion's sake let's just leave it at that, for now.

Anyways, where were we? Ahhh yes, Chaeyoung... Chaeyoung... Chaeyoung... and Joy. What a combo, you know what's better? Chaeyoung and Joy bickering, because when you're surrounded by zombies, the smartest way to get yourself killed would be to scream at each other.

Ayayay

We arrived just in time to witness joy sending one of the things' head off with her bloody shovel, screaming at Chaeyoung who looked very much offended at this point, "I told you not to use it!"

Ayayay indeed.

"Well, excuse me for wanting to live another day!", you know it's funny how Chaeyoung's Australian accent comes out whenever she's MAD mad.

"You could've used something that doesn't make a goddamn sound! It's like ringing the zombie equivalent of a lunch bell! Do I look like food to you?"

Oh wow, Joy certainly knows how to ask the best questions because that shut Chaeng up real good. I can see my bestfriend blushing from way over here. Jisoo will say otherwise, but I think what's happening is cute. Well... minus the zombies and the blood and the weird looking body parts scattered all over, y'know just them two bickering on a normal day. I think it'll be fun.

"No!" what she really meant was, norr, "Do you fucking expect me to watch us two get munched off of because you insist on using that ancient giant spoon of yours?"

"This ancient giant spoon just saved your life!"

"Well this gun did the same too!"

I forgot to mention that they're on top of one of the food stalls in the middle of the mall's food court, surrounded by ten... yup you read that right. TEN thingies . Now if they just stopped screaming at each other they'd probably make for a very good team. Not as good as Jennie and I cause hello? Have you seen the love of my love kill these fuckers? She's straight out of a zombie movie, those heroines who manage to survive while the rest don't. Maybe, they come a close third, because second place goes to Wendy and I, she's hella awesome too. I won't tell her now cause I think she still hates my guts but she'll warm up to me, just wait and see.

"What do we do now?" Wendy whispered, smart choice, although I think the things are way too preoccupied to be bothered by us four at the moment.

"I don't think it's smart for us to start shooting, who knows how many of them are lurking around here." Jennie squeezed my hand, and guys... let me just say that it's the most comforting thing aside from her kisses and hugs. "But we don't have anything else that's soundproof except for Wendy's axe."

"My axe babe, I was the one who took it off the wall and threw-"

Irene's looking at me with a glare that could rival Jennie's so I guess this is my cue to shut up.

"Okay, fine... Wendy's axe." okay, I'll be technical here.

"Dude, it doesn't matter who the axe belongs to... it's probably mall property but whatever." Wendy shrugs with... wait for it, was that a smile? Directed at me? See? I called it! We're going to be best buds I can feel it. If, and that's one giant if, we survive this shit-which we will, hopefully. "But can we focus on Sooyoung and on your friend?"