Who wants me on their Team?

Notes:

OKAY, LOTS OF SWEARING... AND THIS IS A CRACK AU SO ... YOU KNOW, DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY BUT I HAD A LOT OF FUN WRITING THIS.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Do you even know how to drive this thing?”

I guess… now would be the perfect time to admit to the love of my life how I failed my driver’s license test or do you think it would be best to keep my mouth shut at the moment and enjoy the tight grip she has on my right hand? 

“Lisa?!” 

Okay… okay… maybe it was time to come clean, yeah? 

“Normally babe, I’d lie and say yes. Not to make you worry y’know? But considering the fact that I almost flew us into that building, I’m going to assume you know the answer.”

I grin at her and do you know what I get in return for being... all honest about something I should’ve lied about? A slap, not something light, but a hard slap right across my pretty face. Like why???

“Hey! That hurt!”

“We just survived a zombie attack, I don’t plan on dying from an automobile accident just because you can’t fucking drive!”

Jennie held onto my hand as we whizzed through the nearly empty highway. Nearly empty… of course there were a couple of abandoned cars by the side of the road. How did you think we were able to get one? I don’t own one… 

“You’re overreacting… I know how to drive. I just have a bad sense of direction and estimating when to take a turn or when to hit the breaks or...”

“Bad sense at life more like…”

“Why do you bully me so much?”

I stole a quick glance at the rearview mirror and caught her smile. She looks really pretty, even prettier when she’s holding on to the gun with as much concentration as she has during university exams. Hot. 

“Cause I love you, and you need reminding that you're a dumbass but you’re MY dumbass so.”

I took a sudden left turn, making her slide in her seat over to me and allowing me to plant a quick kiss on her cheek. Sneaky? Oh you bet I am. 

“I don’t know if I should be happy about that or not.” She’s happy, I can see that twinkle in her eyes or was that just tears from the thought that I’m a bad driver? Huh, hard to tell.

We entered the freeway towards the university and everything was in shambles. I’m not over exaggerating here, that’s not my thing. Seriously, looking out… there were abandoned cars, smoke everywhere and crossing my fingers (both hands and feet) that there were no zombies. 

“Should we try and … call them?” 

My lovely girlfriend was squirming in her seat, and Jennie never squirmed. 

“Nah, we should skip that. Who knows, Chaeng might have her phone off vibrate and we don’t want those things to come after them…”

“A text then?”

“Babe… relax, they’ll be fine.”

I squeezed her hand in return and slowed down a bit. She had a point about surviving zombies and how unfortunate it would be to die from my lame ass driving skills. She always made sense, loved that about her.