Beginning of the End?

"Head! Aim for the head! Not that head! but ooooh, that looked like it would've hurt if only he was half alive to feel it, but head Jennie! "

It slumped into a weird, contorted shape, landing with a "slosh" on the wet, grimy floor covered with ... blood.

_____________

Now... you might be wondering how we ended up in such a situation. It's a funny story actually -- well, grim ... now that I think about it, but going back. You see it was a Wednesday and just like any other regular Wednesdays I find myself doing stuff I'd probably regret later in the day. I did. Which brings us to the next order of things...

"Well... this is a nice change of scenery."

"It's a prison cell."

I knew she was rolling her eyes, even with her back turned. She always did whenever she was pissed off.

"I was being sarcastic Jennie."

"Now is not the time... you think?"

I kept my annoying mouth shut, there was no use talking to her when she's upset. I know... I know... I should apologize, I've already though... mind you. How was I to know that sneaking her into a closed carnival was considered "trespassing"? We were merely... visiting, admiring, doing what one calls an "ocular inspection", but you know... typical law enforcement. They just wouldn't listen. So, spending the afternoon in a prison cell, with my ever adorable, ever grumpy, charismatic girlfriend. Perfect? Oh... very.

"Hey baby, you still mad?"

"I'm never listening to any of your plans... ever."

Bzzzt...bzzzzt.

Pound... pound

Dear Lord, that sound was getting on my frayed nerves. There's this small television, perched on top of the table. What's even more exciting was the police officer, a charming man I must say... kept on hitting its side and it was getting annoying. All that pounding and all that static and all this sulking from my smol girlfriend. Catching up so far? Good...

I reached for Jennie's hands, but apparently she thinks I'm still not worthy of a little hand holding, what can a lonely girl do on her own inside a prison cell with her fuming girlfriend? Nothing... absolutely nothing.

"We interrupt the afternoon with this important broadcast..."

Great, finally... one more pounding and I swear I would've lost it. Huh... there seems to be commotion and sirens ... well.. I know it's a news flash and those sounds are almost ever present but hear me out, would you? This one sounds... excessive... sounds nervous, scared?

"We advise everyone to remain calm and to stay indoors. Busan has been in quarantine since ten this ...." the feed keeps cutting in and out, and Jennie was holding on to the bars.

"Hey babe..." I started

"Shhhh."

"The military ... and are... if you have any means of getting ... please do ..."

Don't you just love it when the feed cuts off during the important parts? I do... oh I do...

The TV report cuts off entirely and the police officer looks agitated, kept glancing at the entrance. Why? Well your guess is as good as mine. He turns to look at us, and damn I'd love to say he has everything figured out, big man, forties, well built. Gun... you know? The whole enchilada... but man.. He looked scared and what thing could possibly make someone as big as him scared? Well, we were about to find out the worst way possible. Stay tuned...