Chapter Thirteen; Two to One

After that day, they both decided that they would sleep together in the same bed. After she had admitted that she didn't have a nightmare if he was with her, he said the same thing. Telling her that he slept his best when she was beside him.

Sure, it might have been cheesy. And they weren't officially together, but Nyx didn't care.

She was just glad to get a break from her inner torment every night.

Bucky and she did things usual couples did, they often saw the other in underwear, once even showered together when the warm water threatened to run out and they eat every meal together... let's not forget they shared an apartment and a bed.

But they were both too busy looking over their shoulders to be even aware of how close they were getting.

Nyx walked out of the bathroom while yawning, a small fist rubbing her face as she walked out of their room and into the kitchen,

"Here." Bucky handed her a warm cup, and Nyx eagerly grabbed it.

She smiled down at the hot chocolate in her hands, "Oh you angel." She whispered down at it, sitting on the chair as she focused on the cup of gold that was her beverage.

"I know, doll." Bucky smirked as he prepared for the day,

"Oh, I was talking to the drink, sorry." Nyx grinned up at Bucky who rolled his eyes at her jokingly, moving to kiss her head as he went to exit the apartment.

"Put some pants on." He ordered as his fingers curled around the door handle and yanked it open,

Nyx looked down at the large shirt covering her body, her lacy underwear peaking from underneath and a smirk rose over her lips, "Why? Are you getting distracted?" She used a single finger to caress her thigh, using it to lift the shirt a little slowly yet carefully so she exposed her hip, the underwear she wore today making Bucky's eyes darken as she looked up at him innocently.

"Minx." Bucky growled before he slammed the door shut, his figure disappearing out of the apartment as Nyx's laugh echoed behind him.

Nyx happily drank her cocoa, sipping it as she moved to dress for the day.

Of course, her outfit consisted of a jacket to hide her dagger, dark jeans, her combat boots, and her red wig.

She had just finished washing the cup when she felt a presence behind her.