Chapter Nineteen; We're Free. We're Safe.

Nyx slept the whole ride to the airport, choosing to restore her energy. Steve and Sam were surprised when something glowed from the backseat and they looked back to see her wounds healing themselves with a blue glow as she slept peacefully.

Bucky had explained that it happened when her energy was restored and she had enough strength to heal herself, he didn't explain anything more, feeling like it wasn't his business to tell her story.

Nyx was shaken awake by a hand on her shoulder and her lashes fluttered open as a yawn escaped her lips, her gaze falling on the hand on her shoulder as she followed the arm to identify the person.

She smiled up at Bucky, who smiled softly down at her from outside the car. He held out his hand and she grabbed it before he helped her out of the car.

The small woman stretched like a cat, moving to lean against the car as she watched Steve greet Hawkeye while a few other people climbed out of a van.

Nyx's mouth felt open when her eyes landed on Scarlet Witch, memories resurfacing of their short time held together and she struggled with what to do. Did the young woman remember her? Where was her mischievous brother?

Suddenly Hawkeye opened the van's door, a sleeping man coming to view before he was startled awake by the rattling door, "Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good."

She recognized him instantly, fellow thieves weren't that hard to forget.

Scott climbed out of the van with a groan, "What time zone is this?"

Clint much to her amusement only hurried him out of the van.

She forgot Bucky as she moved closer to the group, eager to greet Wanda and Scott.

Nyx slipped past Cap and Scott who was fangirling at the sight of the hero, moving to stand in front of Wanda with a hesitant look on her face,

"Hey..." She nervously scratched her wrist, not knowing what the hell to say,

Whatsup girl, remember me? Not so long ago we were both held captive and experimented on. How you doin'? Where's your bro?

"The girl who lies about her name." Wanda smiled softly, her accent coming out and Nyx smiled warmly, glad that she hadn't forgotten her.

"I'm so glad you are okay." Nyx genuinely grinned, not surprised that Wanda moved to hug her. They had grown close while they had been kept in the same compound, but Pietro had been right... as soon as they had been ready, they were shipped off back to where they were needed.

"I heard you and Winter Soldier got close." Wanda winked in amusement as she glanced over Nyx's shoulder making her look back at Bucky who seemed to sense they were talking about him. He stared the girls down and both simultaneously turned around with a giggle,

"I have a lot to tell you. But first... let us survive today." Nyx chuckled and Wanda nodded eagerly, glad to have another girl as a friend.

"You gotta be Siren. I mean you look like one. Um- like your features are kinda like a goddess, I suppose it's so you can drown sailors by enticing them into the ocean." Scott blabbered as he grabbed her hand to shake, her shoulder almost popping as he kept shaking it with every word he vomited.

"Call me Nyx. Siren is just another part of me." Nyx smiled before she added, "But of course, you might know me more as Obsidian."

Scott gasped loudly, as he twisted around to look at everyone watching them, his expression morphing into disbelief,