Chapter 5: The Successor

(Y/n) = Your name

(P/n) = Player name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

Third Person P.O.V

Pandemonium. This word best represents the current situation in the boss room of the Twenty-Fifth Floor. Time seemed to have slowed down as everything unfolded.

The sounds of players screaming. A cloud of debris covered half the room, with several players mid-air. Some of them, beginning to glow before shattering into thousands of polygon shards. Other players regrouping with Kirito and Agil. A look of horror on their faces as they looked towards the Boss.

Asuna laid on the ground stunned. She was yelling out to the Boss, trying to get its attention to no luck. Because another voice had already yelled out.

Standing along the room's wall, barely covered in smoke, stood a six-meter tall two-headed giant with a black muscle-filled body and four glowing-red eyes. In their hand was a massive flail. The Boss was spinning the flail as its two heads smiled and looked down at the player who had the aggro.

(P/n) was sitting in front of the Boss with his right arm and leg missing. In his left hand, he used a Healing Crystal on himself in a small attempt to counter the Amputation and Bleeding debuff. The Amputation debuff would only last thirty seconds, but the Bleeding Debuff would last for ninety seconds. He could counter Bleeding a with healing potions, but that was pointless.

The Boss swung the flail down towards (P/n) as he looked over to Asuna. Her eyes only widened as she was barely able to see the look on (P/n) face. There was an apologetic look on his face as his lips formed a soft smile. What followed next was a blur as the flail came down on (P/n).

(An hour ago)

This fight was a result of the last month and a half. A month and a half have passed since the Tenth Floor boss's defeat, and progress through the floors has been increasing. However, the aftermath of that defeat resulted in anger and fear among the Clears towards (P/n).

Most clears felt fear when they saw (P/n). The player who single-handedly defeated a Floor Boss personally when it would take an entire raid to do that. Anger only came from Kibaou and Lind, who felt betrayed as they thought (P/n) wouldn't fight the Boss and keep his word. However, this only resulted in (P/n) pointing out that he said he wouldn't fight with them against the Tenth Floor Boss.

This resulted in the two guild leaders constantly butting heads with (Y/n) over every little detail with his strategists that seemed "unfair." By unfair, they mean that their guild would be less likely to get the last hit on the Boss.

Lind was the one who was the most vocal about this. It got to the point of obsession. Those who weren't in the Divine Dragons Alliance could tell that they were no better than (P/n). If anything, they were becoming worse than (P/n). Because the Divine Dragons Alliance would withhold any information that they get from the Floors, that proved crucial. Not only that, but they've been actively seeking rare items and doing whatever it takes to get them.

During Floor Twenty-Three, they went as far as attacking another player just so that they could attack a Flag Mob. A Flag Mob is a monster set up to complete a quest or event that is only available once a year or only a one-time thing. Nevertheless, the fact they would go as far as to becoming an Orange Player cause other Clears to worry about them.

Because if they were willing to go to the extent of attacking another player for a rare item, would they go as far as killing?

At first, other Clears didn't want the Divine Dragons Alliance to participate in raids, but (P/n) allowed it. The answer was simple. If they were to outright refuse to cooperate with them, then they would just do it themselves. At least when they are cooperating, he has some level of control over them with his strategies.