Chapter 2: The Preparation Begins

(Y/n) = Your name

(P/n) = Player name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

????? P.O.V

Why did I decide to take a break from studying? Why did I choose to play my brother's new game of all things? I should've just keep studying for exams... I just want to go home.

All I thought at the time was that the game seemed interesting since someone created a game that was capable of imitating the real world. A game where all five senses were simulated and inputted into our brains to give us the illusion of realism. This was just supposed to be a game to escape reality, not get trap in.

Being stuck inside a game is only suppose to happen in Anime, Manga, and Light Novels that my friends and juniors would tell me about. So why? Why is it happening for real? At first, I was in disbelief that something like this was real. That it had to be a really sick joke... that was until a player decided to kill himself and prove that it was all a joke.

Those who hadn't left the plaza walked over to him as he looked to all of us.

Player One: "Listen, this is probably just some sort of event or something. The videos he showed us could've been easily edited. To make us believe we're trapped. Like serious guys, it's just a game." he stated.

Player Two: "How can you be so sure?" he asked.

Player One: "Apparently, in this game, there was a room on the First Floor where players would be revived if they died in-game. I'll just get myself killed and respawn there to prove it. Hell, maybe dying is the logout." he joked.

Player Two: "Are you sure a room like that exists?" he asked.

?????: "There is." a male voice said.

I looked over towards the sound of the voice, but I wasn't able to see who was talking.

?????: "In the Beta Test, there was a room like that. It was called the Chamber of Resurrection." he revealed.

Player One: "See? Alright, you take them to this chamber and wait for me there!" he said.

?????: "I don't recommend killing yourself until we-" he tried to say.

Player One: "It'll be fine! Just wait and see!" he said before running off.

None of us had the chance to argue. He had already run off without hesitation and left.

Player Two: "Shouldn't we stop him?!" he asked.  

?????: "No." I heard him reply.

Player Two: "Why not?! What if he actually dies?!" he yelled.

?????: "Then it's his fault. Right now, gathering information takes precedence. If his death means new information is learned, then it's fine by me." he declared.

I heard people yell at him, but he didn't respond until they stopped.

?????: "You people are useless idiots. If he dies, it confirms that death is permanent. As of right now, all we have is the information that U- ... Akihiko provided, which doesn't confirm anything. He could be lying for all we know. With this death, we will have actual confirmation." he reasoned.

No one could really argue with him as he made a good point. But that didn't mean it sat well with anyone. We were going to allow a person to kill himself. Sure, he may have been the one who suggested it and went to do it without hesitation, but shouldn't we have at least try to stop him?