16 - ups and downs

authors note : aha ha whoops i totally disappeared in the past few weeks and I AM SO SORRY!!!! ty for the support and reads that this book has gotten!!! it's crazy tbh, AS AN APOLOGY i'll be uploading more frequently and adding a bunch more endings 👀 (sorry for any mistakes or inconsistencies in the story 🥺💘 not edited or proofread)

(y/n)'s pov

it was the day after i fought upper demon two, but sadly school waits for no one. once mui and shinobu came back, i had to leave and head back to miyagi.

my broken sword was sent to the swordsmith village to be reforged, sent by one of my maids.

luckily, i still had my daytime umbrella sword to take with me to school.

unfortunately, i had to go to school.

so far, my day was already not the best since my encounter with the demon. since i got injured, more energy was spent up trying to heal myself, leaving me more sleep deprived and exhausted for school.

it was the first period of the day, biology, and we were taking notes on genetics as our teacher lectured. aoi had allowed me to just wear bandages on my hand instead of an actual cast, letting me still have the ability to semi write in class.

alas, after about twenty minutes of notes, my right hand was aching from the constant pressure. wincing, i dropped my pencil onto my notebook, shifting in my seat with a sigh.

i gently rubbed my hand, feeling the bones on my hand and smoothing out the wraps.

just as i picked up my pencil to continue taking notes, i felt my desk leg being kicked from behind and noticed a familiar sticky note with a dinosaur printed on it.

my eyes flickered to tsukishima's as he was leaning back in his seat and avoiding eye contact. a small smile bloomed on my face as i looked at the note, 'just listen. i'll send you my notes again later.'

carefully, with my pen, i wrote a quick reply, ':)' and slid the post it back onto his desk.

he returned it with a new note, 'you owe me. second time i'm giving you my notes, little miss angel.'

rolling my eyes, i wrote a final note in response, 'ok tsuki'

time skip brought to you by yaku kicking lev 💘

after hours in classes, the school day had finally done to an end and club time had begun. once at the gym, i told coach ukai and takeda that i wouldn't be able to do as much today because my hand was acting up. they understood, and let me watch for the day.

once everyone had come after changing, the adults caught their attention. takeda sensei went first, "the spring inter high begins next week. it'll be the last chance for our third years to make it to nationals as well."

coach ukai continued on, "aoba johsai, date ko, and shoratorizawa are our hardest opponents. but we have this last week to practice before our skills are tested. so let's get to it!!"

the team was full of determination and energy, "yes!!" chanting at once as practice has begun.

i sat beside kiyoko and hitoka as the boys went through a set of servers and receives, watching and giving them pointers as i saw any mistakes.

during their break, suga came over to me, noticing how i was fidgeting with bandages converting my hands. "(y/n)? is your hand okay? usually you're writing down notes or helping us with practice instead of sitting..."

"oh! i, uh... a few bones got broken over the weekend, but it's healing well!!!" i hadn't thought of an excuse to use, so i could only hope no one asked further.