7 - townsperson b

(y/n)'s pov

today, i brought coffee with me from my estate. something felt off about miyagi since i got here, and the demons were no easy feat to deal with. but, i sadly couldn't just skip school.

it was finally lunch time and i had grown accustomed to walking around the school or staying in my classroom depending on my mood. today, i was walking through the hallways to keep myself awake. with my umbrella on my shoulder and a cup of coffee in my hands, i wandered around.

rounding a corner, i almost bumped into the gorgeous third year manager in the first year hallway. "shimizu? what are you doing in the first year hall?"

her cheeks were a bit red and she pushed back up her glasses, "(l/n). do you know any other first years who haven't joined a club yet? i've been looking for a manager that could take my place once i graduate."

i paused a bit, thinking about what i had overheard someone say, "... i'm not entirely certain but i believe that there's a girl in 1-5 who hasn't yet."

she gave me a small smile with the new information, "i'll go check it out, thank you (l/n)."

"good luck shimizu!"

time skip brought to you by kanao's coin💘

school had finally finished and i leaned against the wall of the gym, speaking to the coach about possible training activities the boys could do. he decided to let me take charge for the day.

:)

after the hell that was called training with the other pillars, i had a pretty good grasp of what could help them improve their physical abilities and stamina.

they were still setting up the net, so i started writing out my plans for the day. then, shimizu and another first year came in, who i vaguely recognized from passing by her. "boys, i have an announcement," the manager called out, and they all quickly made a loose circle facing the girls. "this is yachi hitoka, she's a first year who is on a trial to see if she wants to be the club manager."

the poor blond was shaking, "n-nICE TO MEET YOU ALL." with a rather loud voice, she bowed and a few of the boys made comments.

"hey! do you play volleyball?"

"how tall are you?"

"welcome to the club yachi!"

she shook more, quietly stuttering, "a-ah i-i'm not officially p-part of the c-club..." her eyes were wide with fear, and i noticed how they started to group closer to her, curious about the possible new manager.

i moved in front of her, blocking the boys from getting to her, "back up boys. she's here on a trial, and you're all... a rather enthusiastic bunch." they blushed, but proceeded to take a few steps back. i turned around and placed my hands on the girl's shoulders, bending down slightly, "are you okay yachi?"

nodding, she looked up at me, "t-thank you (l/n) san..."

laughing lightly, i let go of her, "just (l/n) is fine! also, i'm the team's official analyst! i hope you'll join so that shimizu won't have to keep running around as much." the blond nodded her head rapidly, looking a bit calmer, but still on edge. i faced the boys once more and clapped my hands together, "alright! today, i'll be in charge of conditioning for the first half of practice. finish up stretching, and we'll get started!"

"yes!" they chanted together, and i slightly smirked to myself. it wouldn't be as bad as sanemi, but i was definitely planning on pushing their limits.

time skip brought to you by the pretty setter squad 💘

to say that the boys felt like they were dying would be a pretty accurate statement. they had done suicides (short distance running), diving around the court, box jumps, and weighs in such a short period of time.