5 - welcome to the team!

(y/n)'s pov

pulling myself through the school gates, i carried my umbrella around my shoulder and smiled at the people who were looking at me. some had red faces, and i waved at them, causing them to squeal, but i just kept walking since i didn't know how to help.

last night was my first time patrolling the city, and i was a bit tired from dealing with the demons. since miyagi was in the countryside, there were a lot of hiding places for demons to lurk in during the day, resulting in a chaotic night.

so, tiredly, i disguised my lack of sleep with a smile to prevent questions from being asked. oh, and i had made coffee earlier as well, of course.

my eyes were already a bit tired from walking to my class, so i decided to try relying on my other senses a bit more.

i was slightly like zenitsu in a way, with enhanced hearing. nonetheless, my hearing wasn't nearly as good as his, but still helped me determine where things were located.

focusing for a moment, i managed to dim down the bright auras that i saw, allowing my eyes to rest a bit. while listening closely, i headed over to my seat before the teacher started class.

time skip brought to you by douma's fans💘 (in both ways ;) )

while writing down what the teacher was saying into my rough notes, i was distracted by a poke on my back. turning halfway, my eyes connected with brown, almost honey, eyes. i tilted my head, and he handed over a folded green post it note.

opening it up, i saw his neat handwriting, and a small dinosaur printed in the corner of the post it. "are you joining the team?"

i smiled at the note, and wrote a quick response underneath, "you can't wait to find out with the team?" also before i handed it back, i doodled a small matching dino next to the other.

slipping the note onto his desk, i scribbled down what the teacher had wrote on the board. then, the note was lightly thrown onto my desk, "shut up."

smirking slightly, i wrote a reply, "i'm joining. are you glad?"

we exchanged the paper once more, "you wish."

the bell rung, and i spun around to face the teen, "can i keep the note?" grinning at the boy, i saw a slight pink in his ears.

he rolled his eyes, "why? does someone have a crush?"

his tone of voice made me giggle, and yamaguchi came over. mocking him, i rolled my eyes in response, "you wish. i like to keep small memories in a scrapbook. you never know when someone will be gone."

on that slightly depressing note, i got out of my seat and headed to the vending machine i went to yesterday. thoughts pricked my head, thinking back to my family, before they left.

but i had learned to push those feelings down as a demon slayer.

so i faked a smile and continued on, seeing the blueberry boy waiting for me.

"hey kageyama! were you waiting long?" with my umbrella on my shoulder, i looked up at the taller boy playfully.

he started to blush, so he turned toward the machine instead of facing me, "i just got here. you can pick out what you want."

using two fingers, i did the same thing as yesterday and clicked two buttons at the same time. grabbing the drink that came out, i winked at the boy, "thanks kags~!"

getting his own drink from the machine, he started coughing suddenly, and i worriedly rubbed his back. he stuttered, "k-kags????"

"oh! is it okay if i call you that? sorry, i like to shorten names..." i trailed off, and poked the straw into my drink.