Eight

As the long day went by, both Naruto and Sasuke had been worn out by the end of it. Sasuke, from being outside raking, and Naruto, from cleaning the cafeteria all by himself. Now both sat in Kakashi's office, resting as Kakashi ordered their food through the phone.

"So how do you think that went?" Kakashi asked.

Sasuke rolled his eyes, he was fanning himself as small slbeads of sweat threatened running down his face. "Are you planning on working us to death?"

"Its only a matter of time before you get used to it." Kakashi responded. "It took me a while to adjust on my job as well, especially around you, Naruto." Kakashi had turned towards Naruto, but Naruto was lost in though to notice.

Sasuke sneaked a small glance towards the blond. Evidently Naruto was out of it. If Sasuke recalled, Naruto was somehow starting to look different. Why that was bothering him at the moment, he didn't know.

"Naruto, is everything alright?" Kakashi asked. "Naruto."

"Hm?" Was the only noise Naruto made.

"I asked if something was wrong?"

"Tired." Naruto said, his chin resting on folded arms. He was about to put his head down when the delivery boy came in.

Kakashi and Sasuke helped with the boy's delivery, setting few boxes on Kakashi's desk. After a few minutes, both Sasuke and Kakashi were going through the boxes, picking out food while both awkwardly making faces at each other, silently asking why Naruto wasn't gulping down food already.

When none were satisfied at Naruto's continued silence, finally Sasuke nudged Naruto on his shoulder. "You should eat before the food gets cold." He said, glancing at Kakashi as he waited for Naruto to get up. "Or before me and Kakashi finish it."

"I'm not hungry." Naruto mumbled against his arm.

Now that did strike as odd. Since when was Naruto not hungry?

"Naru-" Sasuke began, but was stopped as Kakashi held up his hand to silence him.

"I take it today was a long day for both of you. If you'd like, we can start our session tomorrow?" Kakashi offered, somehow he knew Naruto wasn't up for talking today and something definitely seemed wrong.

"Sure." Naruto mumbled. Without another word from Kakashi or Sasuke, Naruto stood up, grabbed his book bag and left the room silently.

"I take it this is torture for him." Kakashi said, looking at Sasuke. "What did you guys do that made him this way?"

Sasuke only shrugged. He too, thought about what had happened, but decided he didn't care.

Leaving the school at such a late hour had the guards thinking why Naruto had stayed so late. Telling the guards to talk to Kakashi, Naruto walked away and sat himself on the same picnic table he'd been frequently visiting.

He'd been thinking why he was feeling empty. Why his mind wasn't talking to him, and why, no matter how hard he tried, did Sasuke not make him feel like he used to before? Earlier when Sasuke whispered in his ear, he thought about how that usually would make his heart jump, now. . . he felt. . nothing.

Sitting down he asked himself if all of it mattered anyway. 'Might as well forget about him, is that's what's happening right now? Is that why I feel nothing?' Expecting an answer from his own thoughts, Naruto received nothing but complete silence. 'Oy, stupid brain. Where are you when I feel like shit?' Chuckling that nothing came up as a response, he got up once again and left for his home.

// sing it with me now, he's just an emotionless robottttt!