twenty-three

"It's not that I'm mad, I'm just-speechless, that's all." Hinata looked up at the sky as she sat on the swing, Naruto swinging higher and higher at her side.

"Yeah, same." He said, timing himself before jumping off of the swing and landing perfectly on his feet. "But I guess its okay. I kinda missed having him talk to me, you know?"

Hinata smiled, nodding. "I have no problem with it. If he messes up again, though, you won't be able to stop me from giving him a piece of my mind." She giggled a little, seeing Naruto's eyes open wide and started to jump off the swing. "So, where to, today?"

* * *

"For the last time, Sakura. No." Sasuke stood in front of his house, a pissed off Sakura demanding they talk about why they're breaking up.

"This has to do with Naruto, right? It's his fault you're breaking up with me!" She stood, her face faking a sad emotion while inside she was laughing at the trouble Naruto was going to get for this.

"This isn't Naruto's fault. Its yours. You're the one behind all those attacks, weren't you? You hurt him and because of you, this is over!" Sasuke wanted more than to yell at her, hell, deep down he wished he could slap her but that was wrong and decide just yelling was fine. "I'm not going to say anything else to you, Sakura, so I suggest you leave. Mess with Naruto again and I'll make sure those perverted secrets of yours will be out in a flash to every one at school." With that, he opened his door and walked in, shutting it on a very pissed off Sakura.

"If that's how you want to play it, so be it, Uchiha."

* * *

"Kiba, you're doing it wrong!" Naruto shouted, helping Kiba sort the papers properly.

"Like I give a shit, they're just papers." Kiba growled. Once again, the five had stayed after school and the only jobs they had were to organize the teachers papers, deliver them to their classrooms, and to organize the library's new books. They would've been finished early with enough time to talk if Kiba hadn't messed up.

"Guys, stop messing around!" Ino walked in on the two boys radiating a murderous intent. She grabbed the papers and adjusted them, jumping a little when a certain someone placed their hand on her shoulder. "Sai!"

"You know, Sapphire, I was wondering, let's leave these two and go somewhere else?" He asked, only to receive a small laugh from the blonde.

"You're flirting attempts are nice, Sai, but no. How about instead you go deliver these papers so we can be done?"

"You know, you were a lot fun to flirt with when you got mad." Sai pouted, earning a slap on the shoulder from the embarrassed blonde. "Well, I'll be going then. Fox!"

"What?" Naruto shouted from behind a stack of books, his battle with Kiba over as the other boy found a new distraction with a cart of books.

"Come over here and help me deliver these."

"Actually," Sasuke walked out of the computer room and cooly hung his arm around Naruto, "he's helping me out. Why don't you ask your girlfriend?"

At this, Ino flushed, "Ah, hehe, how about we don't start this."

"That's interesting." Sai pretended to think, his finger tapping on his chin as he eyed the flushed blonde by his side. "Its been decided, let's go." He said, grabbing Ino's hand and leading her out of the library with the stack of papers.