Chapter 1:

"Do you ever just look at someone, and know they're the one? No matter how wrong it may be, you just know you need them?" I questioned Senator Amidala at our usual Sunday brunch.

"What (Y/N)!? Where is this coming from?" She was taken aback, but I didn’t blame her. I was to, it was against the code.

"I saw someone a couple days ago, and I just felt drawn to them in so many ways." I poked at my food.

"What ways?"

"I uh, well," I stuttered at her innocent question.

"You can tell me (Y/N). I won't tell, or judge."

"It was hard to describe. It was like I was beckoned to him. My mind wanted him to be mine forever. To snuggle up by a fireplace with him, simply watching our children play. My heart telling me I needed to find him, and listen to my brain. That it was right for once. And my body well..." I trailed off blushing, unable to continue the conversation.

She just sat there, looking at me before she finally spoke. "I think you're in love." The overall awe in her eyes dominant.

I practially spit my drink out. "What! I can't be! I've never even talked to him! You can't love someone you just met. Besides I'm a jedi. We can't fall on love, it's forbidden."

"(Y/N), I'm just assuming, forbidden or not. Everything you said, it's exactly how I view my husband, and he's the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me. And who even knows, you're a jedi. You jedi believe in the force more than anyone I know, and say it works in mysterious ways. Maybe it's the force causing this. You've even said it yourself, the force has a way of connecting people."

"Yes, but-" I tried to argue, but Padmé was right. I just gave up and adjusted my flannel.

"This is for you to figure out (Y/N)."

"How? How could I possibly ever figure this out?"

"In time my dear, only in good time. I promise the answer will come to you eventually."

"Ugh. You sound like Obi Wan!"

"I should take that as a compliment. Now if you would be ever so kind as to excuse me, duty calls. The life of a senator is never done." With that, she stood up and walked over to me. "Good day (Y/N). I hope to see you sometime this week. If life gets too busy, then I will see you next Sunday?"

"As will I. Thank you for brunch Padmé, good day to you as well." With that she left.

I sat there thinking. Could I really be in love? Surely she was mistaken. Jedi don't fall in love, unless they do. Ugh, why is life so complicated? I stood up, and started walking back to my room. I was lost in my thoughts. Jedi don't love. Love can lead to fears of losing loved ones. You know what fear leads to? Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering leads to the Dark Side. I found myself repeating the same monotone words Master Windu had me repeat to him, so many times. These thoughts had swallowed me inside my brain so deep, I wasn't even looking to my surroundings anymore. I thought I was walking straight to my room, but I couldn't be sure. Padmé's words had me so tangled up it was impossible to know. What if she was right? What would happen? Would i listen to my internal instincts, or would I listen to the code? What could I do? Would I need to leave the order? No, I couldn't do that, the order is my life! But what if-

"Ugh!" A unison of two voices rang out.

"A little distracted?" The unknown voice asked.

"I-" It was him. The one who distracted my thoughts from the start. I had just ran right into him, and I couldn't unscramble my thoughts fast enough to answer him.

I couldn't even answer him.