Chapter 6:

I walk with the Jedi Padawan arm-in-arm. It had been three months since our daily walks had started happening, and I can’t say I didn’t enjoy them. Somedays, we’d talk, and others we’d just walk in silence. That was fine with the both of us, I think. That first day when I had offered him my arm changed something in us, in me. I kept coming back, making time in my already busy days for him. I discovered this peaceful serenity whenever I was with him. I could tell him anything -though he did most of the talking- without worry that it would find its way to the Council. It was nice, calming. It only left me to wonder how long this false positive could last. They never lasted long.

Deep into thought, I was startled by Anakin’s voice. “Everytime you get that look, I know your head is on some faraway planet. I wish you would just tell me what secrets lie in your head. I think the most you’ve ever told me was that conversation about your fears. The one after you got knighted. How you were worried you would mess up, and break the Jedi Code on accident or purposely. You didn’t specify.” He gave me a pleading look, his eyes begging for me to let him in my mind. He even gave my shields a slight push before sighing, realizing I wouldn’t give in. “Sorry, about pushing. I just thought it was worth a try.”

“It’s okay. I know you’re curious. You have been ever since we ran into each other. I just-” I stop looking to formulate the right words. “I just don’t let people in a lot.”

Anakin perked up after I said this, for some unknown reason. “You never let anyone in, but that's not important right now. You know what I just remembered?” A sly grin appears on his face, and I am instantly conflicted at the feeling rising inside me.

I tried to ignore the feeling, and respond with whatever sass I can manage. “What? That you have yet to figure out the placement of my mind that day?”

A laugh escapes his throat. “Well I am now, but I was actually thinking about your knighting. It’s been -I even did the math- exactly two months, two weeks, and four days.”

He’s clearly proud he took the time to figure this out. I internally debated with myself, and this time, I allowed him to win. He deserved it, even I couldn’t say the amount of months. “Wow. That’s really sweet of you to calculate that for me.” Sweet. Sweet?! I just offhandedly called him sweet! What’s happening to me? That’s the twelfth time I’ve complimented him! And that’s just this week!

“I-” It’s blatantly obvious he doesn’t know what to say. He simply chuckles, and by the red tone his cheeks have adopted, it’s clear he’s embarrassed. At least I think he is. I hope it’s not just me. 

“Shh! Let’s ignore the fact I called you sweet, and move on.” I make sure to silence him. He says nothing, but nods his head. A small smirk formed on his lips. 

That kriffing smirk. The same one he had the day I first saw him, and all at once I’m lost, distracted. My mind focusing on just him, so much like that day. Everything tells me to stay with him a night or two, the same kriffing feeling I get almost every kriffing day. I immediately think back to Padmé and her words. When I confessed to her my emotions, and she told me: “I think you’re in love...it’s exactly how I view my husband, and he’s the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me.” I suppose she’d know. She does have a successful marriage with Senator Clovis. But can she really be right? All at once it hits me. Padmé’s right, I’m falling in love. My Signature must be a mess, because even Anakin can tell somethings wrong.

“What? (Y/N) what’s wrong? Tell me where your head is at just this once. Please.” I must be worrying him, because his own Signature is now scrambled. “(Y/N)! Speak, please!” His plea was added late, desperate and rushed. He needed to know what was wrong. 

But what do I say? That I’m a freshly knighted Jedi already breaking the Code? Already falling in love? Throwing the Code out the window and forming attachments for some silly boy? That I’m falling head over heels for him? I need to tell him something, even if it’s not the truth. I can’t lie to Anakin, he would know. I slowly unscramble my thoughts. Still in a daze, I tell him some words.

Words I don’t even remember deciding upon, but they come out anyway.

“I think I’m in love.”

(A/N)- Fun Fact! I was listening to the “Grease” soundtrack while writing the chapter. Who knows the song “You’re The One That I Want” from the soundtrack? Well that’s the song I imagine their “story” being like. That song came on, and I think it heavily influenced this chapter. I think that's why the story just escalated quickly. Sorry! I also want to say I officially have someone going over my scrambled thoughts, and making sure my writing is making somewhat sense. Their account is in the description!!
~Sloane~