Chapter 3

I would hum a soft tune, walking to the beat as I had procured a travelers sword from a area where a battle had taken place. I had taken my time when I arrived to check for any hylians that had not been buried. I had found a few bodies, all male, and dragged them over to the same area, before ruffling through their pockets.

We all had wooden tags somewhere in our clothing that identified us, but due to war we could have lost them in the heat of battle.

I had pulled one out from a pocket, 'John Smith' it read, as I let out a silent prayer for the goddess of hyrule to guide him peacefully to the afterlife. I repeated the process with the other two bodies, not having found any I.D. on them.

I would start digging, using my sword to weaken rocks as I dug 3, 3 foot holes before my sword blade snapped off.

I looked at the hilt and sighed, deadpanning as I grabbed the blade and pulled it out. I respectfully buried the three bodies in their respective graves and shoveled the dirt into the graves using my hands as shovels.

I grabbed a few big pieces of bark that had come off of a nearby tree or two. I planted them into the ground after having engraved their names using the blade, albeit how dangerous it was, I had caused a few cuts on my fingers.

My eyes watered up as I remembered their faces. I had fought along side them. A moblin had stuck all three down, and I wasn't able to help. I was too weak! I must get stronger, in the hope that I can save at least one more life.

I quickly got up, surveying the battlefield for anything of value, grabbing a travelers spear off of the ground, and moving towards the nearest village, my true destination.