rainy day | tsukishima kei

it was a normal day at school, until it started pouring at the end of last period. of course, the day you didn't bring an umbrella it had to rain. it's not like your house is close to the school either. you tap tsukishima's shoulder, who's seated in front of you and looking out the window. he looks over his shoulder to you, pulling his headphones down to his neck.

"what."

"can i go over your house today?"

"why..?"

"don't act stupid. your house is closer to here than mine.."

he sighs with a shrug, facing forward again. "i guess."

god, he's always so bland.

━━━━

the bell signifying the end of the day rings. yamaguchi gets up from his seat quickly, bidding farewell to you and tsukishima before leaving the classroom. the two of you do the same afterwards, heading to the first floor.

you take off your uniform's blazer before exiting the building, holding it over your head to minimize the amount of rain hitting you.

upon arrival to tsukishima's house, you greet his mother before going up to his room. he tells you you can take a shower in his room, so you do just that.

finishing up your shower, you shut off the water and step out onto the rug while the bathroom door opens.

you lock eyes with tsukishima before he covers his, blood rushing to his ears as you cover your chest with your arm, your free one grabbing a towel off the hook.

"kei-! ever heard of knocking?" you blurt while wrapping the towel around your body.

"don't yell at me, i'm trying to be nice and bring you something to wear." he holds up a folded hoodie and sweatpants.

"thanks, but that's not a good excuse."

"god, i'm sorry. hurry up and change." he places the hoodie on the counter before leaving the bathroom. you let a sigh of relief and go over to the door, locking it before getting changed into your undergarments and tsukishima's clothing pieces.

you go back out to tsukishima's room, seeing him sat against the headboard of his bed with his laptop placed on his thighs, his legs spread straight.

"how come you lent me your stuff? you usually don't like me taking your clothes.." you say while making your way over to his bed.

"you're such an idiot. i don't like when you take them, but you look cute when you do. either way, your uniform is in the dryer."

a light pink dusts your cheeks as you sit on the side of tsukishima's bed, watching over your shoulder as his finger glides across the trackpad.

"can i help you?" he questions while pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, still looking at his laptop screen. you blankly stare at him. tsukishima groans.

"fine, we can cuddle." he lifts his arm, making room for you. you don't hesitate to scoot up on the bed, relaxing against tsukishima as he wraps his arm around your shoulders.

"what're we watching?" you question, your head against his chest.

"jurassic park, obviously."

"again?"

"again." he presses play, resting his head on yours.