bookstore | yamaguchi tadashi

entering your local bookstore, you go directly to the section containing works from your favorite author. your eyes scan the tall shelves, spotting your desired title on a shelf too high for your own good.

you try a small jump in an attempt to grab it, but miss horribly.

you try again, your finger barely grazing the spine of the book, resulting in another failed attempt.

you look to your left and right in search of something to use as a step when you feel a presence behind you, an arm reaching above your head. your eyes follow down their arm and to their face, losing focus on the book as the person pulls it off the shelf.

"is it this one?" the green-haired, freckle-faced boy questions, turning the book around to read the back. "i love (author/book name)!" he quietly exclaims.

you lightly smile, "yeah, thank you! i—"

"this is such a great book, have you read the next two books yet? they're sooo good.." he looks through the bookshelf, rambling on about the series without realizing.

you don't want to interrupt him, so you slowly bring your hands up to the book, gently starting to pull it from him.

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorry— i didn't mean to rant.." he awkwardly laughs, letting go of the book.

"it's no problem," you stifle out a laugh, "uhm.."

"yamaguchi, yamaguchi tadashi!"

"thanks again, yamaguchi, have a good one!" you start walking off, but stop when his voice calls out to you.

"wait—! could i, maybe, get your number?" he takes his phone out of his pocket and holds it to you, "we can talk more about (author/book name) if you want..?"

"oh, sure!" you take his phone, holding the book in your arm to type your name and number into the phone, handing it back to him after.

"thanks," yamaguchi reads your name off the screen, "y/n.. i'll see you around!" he looks up from the screen, his cheeks lightly flushing.

you nod, smiling once more before parting ways with yamaguchi to purchase your book.