Bloody Gear

Anger burned like a fire inside of Alix, as she clutched the broken pieces of her watch in her hand. She had given it to Alya to keep it safe while she raced Kim, but Alya had given it to Marinette. Marinette gave it to Adrien. Adrien gave it to Chloe. Who, for whatever reason, threw it onto the ground? Where Alix had crushed it under her wheels. The fire burned bright and red.

"Tinkerbell, are you okay?" Kim asked.

"No," Alix snapped. Her brows furrowed. She squeezed her hand around a large polished gear. It dug into her skin. A stinging pain shot through her palms. She didn't care. She had it coming. Her father had trusted her and she betrayed him, almost immediately.

"Hey, it can be fixed," Kim said, as he knelt in front of her.

"No, it can't," Alix replied, "It's forever old and one of a kind." She squeezed harder. Her skin ripped; blood dripped to the ground.

"Everything can be fixed. Somehow," Kim said, as he wrapped his hands around hers. She lifted her head, meeting his silver eyes. She held back her tears. She wouldn't let him see her cry. It would be too embarrassing.

"You need to let go," Kim said. He was quieter than normal. She shook her head, letting the sweaty pink strands fly around. He thumbed her fingers. Her grip loosened and he used it as an opportunity to pry her fingers off the gear.

She hissed, as the sharp edges of the gear slid out of her cuts. It fell to the ground with a clank. Blood pooled in the cup of her palm. Tears dripped down her face.

"Thank you," Kim said, as Juleka handed him a rag. Alix winced, as he pressed it into her hand.

"Um, my house is right around the corner," Mylene said, "It's a better place to get your hand cleaned up than right here." Kim glanced at Alix with a questioning look. She nodded her head.

"That'll work," Kim said. He balled Alix's hand into a fist. The rough threads rubbed against the cuts, but she knew it was to keep her from losing more blood. He helped her off the ground.

Mylene and Ivan led Kim and Alix away, as the others picked up the broken watch pieces.

The four of them stepped inside Mylene's apartment. The aroma of lavender and tea filled the air. Musical posters and family photos covered the beige walls.

"Here," Mylene said, as she guided them to the kitchen sink, "I'll go and get the first aid kit. Oh, Ivan, I need your help to reach it. " She walked down a hall with Ivan a few steps behind her.

Kim cupped her damaged hand in his. She knew he wanted her to let go of the rag, but she didn't want to. A string of fear wove itself around her fist. She feared the rag's threads being pulled out of her cuts and taking the sticky blood clots and the ripped flesh with it.

"You need to clean your hand," Kim said, as he thumbed her fingers. Alix loosened her grip and let out a hiss as the cloth left her skin. Her blood gathered in sticky curled patches around the wounds.

"This might sting," Kim turned on the faucet. Alix held back a screech, as icy cold water washed away the leftover blood. She grabbed onto his arm with her free hand. He turned the water off.

"Might sting," Alix said sarcastically.

"Sorry," Kim said in a soft voice that Alix never heard him use before. It was different. A good difference, one that made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. He dabbed a non bloodied cloth onto her skin.

"Thank you," Alix said.

"No, problem," Kim said. A small smile spread across his face.

"Here we go," Mylene said, as she placed a first aid kit on the counter and Ivan followed her in.