Gosh, You're Beautiful

Kim sat on the school bus next to Alix. Her head slumped against the window in sleep. They were on their way back to school from the wax museum. There had been a few new additions to the Ladybug and Chat Noir Exhibit, and since almost everyone in class had been akumatised by then they were invited to the grand reopening.

Half the class was either ashamed or embarrassed. Except for Kim, he thought it awesome that he managed to get Ladybug and Chat Noir to kiss. Though he did try to destroy love throughout Paris, as Dark Cupid. So, overall, it wasn't too bad.

He leaned back in his seat and listened. The setting sun illuminating the bus with a pink light that highlighted Alix's hair. He gave the sleeping girl a quick smile. Then stared at the ceiling.

Budum. The bus ran through a pothole, causing the bus to jump. Kim froze, as Alix fell into his lap. He didn't know what to do. Most of her body laid curled onto his lap. Bits of pink and golden light danced across her face. She looked so peaceful and he would be a jerk to wake her from such a good sleep. So, he let her be.

He leaned his head back, listening to his music, as Alix's chest rose and fell. He kept stealing glances of her, his face going a bright red every time he did so. Soon, a warm bubbly sensation bloomed in his lungs, and he couldn't take his eyes off her. He could honestly stay like this forever. Just him listening to music with this lovely girl curled up on his lap.

Alix mumbled something and adjusted herself. Kim held his breath, as her spine pressed against his stomach. He didn't move, as he waited to see if she was awake. He didn't want her to wake up quite yet. He had grown fond of her body heat.

She didn't move, or say a word. She was still asleep. He let his breath go. A small lock of pink hair had sprawled out across her face. He brushed it away. His fingers brushing against her soft skin. He tucked it behind her ear, as he traced it with his index finger. Golden light framed her face, turning her into an angel.

"Gosh, you're beautiful," Kim said. Alix's body stiffened. Oh gosh, was she awake? Kim bit his lip, hoping that she just had a bad dream. She didn't move or do anything.

Alix pressed her hand into his knee to push herself up. She turned around to face him. He swallowed a lump in his throat. She heard him. Now, she had shock written all over her face, while she sat in his lap. His face turned a vivid shade of pink. Stared at him with her dazzling sapphire eyes.

"So, you think I'm beautiful?" Alix asked, her head tilted to the side. Gosh, she was lovely.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to hear," Kim said, as he rubbed the back of his neck. She glanced to the side and pressed her lips.

"I- I mean. I wasn't meaning you're not beautiful. But what I meant was, I didn't think you were awake when I said it. You're still beautiful," Kim mentally kicked himself. How had he messed this up so bad?

They sat there in silence. He wanted her to say something, to do something. She laughed. Her face lit up with a glorious smile. She shoved a hand over her mouth and turned a deep red.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to laugh," Alix blurted out, "I- I think you're beautiful too." She thumbed her knuckles. A smile grew across Kim's face. He didn't know what to say. They stared into each other's eyes.

Could this be the moment he has been waiting for? Was this the right time? He was hoping for something a bit more romantic, but he couldn't wait any longer; besides there was a sunset. That was romantic. He had to tell her.

"Alix?" he said, as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah?" Alix cocked her head.

"I love you," Kim said, "I've been head over heels in love with you for months."

His heart stopped, she sat there with her mouth agape. She didn't say a word. He turned away hiding the pain in his eyes. He messed up. He shouldn't have told her. She probably didn't want anything to do with him now. That just shattered his heart. He would become a miserable mess without her.

"Kim," Alix said, her voice chimed like a splendid bell. He turned to face her. He took in a sharp breath, as her hands cupped his chin.

"I love you too," Alix said with a smile. Kim's heart thumped harder and faster. She loved him. She loved him. They let out an array of small giggles, as they pressed their foreheads together. Her eyelashes fluttered. His hands cupped her face. Was this too soon?

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

"Absolutely," Alix said, her voice full of energy. They pressed their lips together. Her lips were so soft and he could tell there was a hint of peppermint to them. They pulled apart, mere centimeters away from each other. Her hands moved to his neck, as his hands moved to the small of her back.

The bus came to a screeching halt. Kim let out a grone. They were back at school. That back was way too fast.

"I guess we have to go," Alix said with a pout.

"Yeah," Kim said.

"Do you want to walk me home?" Alix asked.

"Absolutely," Kim said with a smile on his face.

The End