Cold Day

Kim had on a long red puffy jacket that barely touched the ground. He was on his way to school that chilly morning. It had snowed the past few days and now all of the crisp clean snow had turned into a  into a muddy mush. A thick fog left his lips with each breath, icy water splashed against his ankles, and a pink head bobbed not too far in front of him. He smiled, it was Alix.

"Hey, Tinkerbell," Kim said, as he ran up beside her.

"He, he, hey Ki, Kim," Alix said. Her teeth crashed together. Kim raised an eyebrow. She had on a teal blue sweater, but no jacket.

"You're not wearing a jacket," Kim said.

"Real, really I, I did, didn't note, notice," Alix said, as she rubbed her arms viciously. Her face was a vivid red.

"Alright," Kim said, "Why aren't you wearing one?" 

She glanced up at him, "I, I for, forgot it," Alix mumbled.

"So, you're pretty cold?" Kim asked. She glared at him.

"I mean small animals get cold a lot faster. So, it's probably the same for humans," he said, as he nudged her with his elbow.

Alix hissed and gave him the bird.

"Okay," Kim said with a smirk. He unbuttoned his coat.

"Wh? What are? You, do, doing?" Alix asked, as her body shook.

"I have an idea," Kim said, as he wrapped his jacket around her. Her cold body pressed against him.

"Warm?" Kim asked.

"Getting there," Alix said. He fought against the urge to jump, as her cold hands pressed against his back. 

"Are you cold?" Alix asked with a laugh.

"No, but you are," Kim said, as a smirk grew on his face.

"What?" Alix asked. Kim unwrapped the tiny girl.

"What? No," Alix said, as she tried to hide her face with his stomach.

"What, are you cold?" Kim asked.

She rubbed her arms, "No." Her teeth chattered with each breath.

"If you say so," Kim said with an eye roll and a laugh.

"I might be cold," Alix mumbled. Kim stuck his hands in his pockets and wrapped her in a hug.

"Thank you," Alix said, as hugged him. A warm blush mixed with his frozen red face.

"You're welcome," Kim said. He tried to take a step forward.

"Hey!" Alix said, as Kim crushed her foot.

"Sorry," Kim said they needed to get to school, but he really didn't want to let her go. She seemed rather happy to be protected from the icy world and honestly, he liked holding her so close.

"We have to get to school," Kim said.

"I know, but can we stay like this for a bit longer?" Alix asked.

"Yeah, we can," Kim said, as he pulled closer to her.

The rise and fall of her chest played a smooth rhythm that was everything for Kim at this moment.

"We need to get to school," Kim said.

"But it's cold," Alix whined.

"But the school's warmer," Kim said, as he tried to mimic her whine.

"Stop laughing," Alix said, as she gave him a soft punch to the gut. He couldn't help, but laugh at her.

"Come on," she said. She let out a small laugh.