Stranger Part 3

Rayla finished the sails and did a few other chores, before heading down to her room. The sky was blushing colors of pinks, oranges, and yellows as the sun dissapeared under the crystal blue waves of the ocean. 

Rayla looked at her hands, hard and calloused. She really needed gloves of some sort. She heard faint yelling and stopped in front of her room. She headed towards the yelling. It got louder and louder at Amaya's cabin. Rayla peaked through the keyhole. 

"Shes worthless! I had to re-do almost everything she did today! Drop 'er off at port!" One voice yelled. 

"I will do no such thing. Next time leave her work so that I may see." Another voice said. This one was calmer but fury laced the sweetness of Amaya's voice. 

"She don't deserve the attention! She slacks off all day, swimming in the water with her little fishy friends!" The first voice said. 

There was a slam, which caused Rayla to jump. She slipped and fell backwards, butt crashing onto the floor. The fighting stopped, and the door creaked open, revealing Amaya. Her face quickly changed from surprise to mild anger. She sighed and rubbed her temples. 

"Rayla, what in sweet Xadia are you doing?" She asked. Rayla panicked. 

"Umm I was, like, walking and then I like, um, like tripped, and um.... GLOVES-! And like, I was like, ummmm-" 

Amaya facepalmed and Rayla could hear a snort from behind the door. 

Rayla quickly jumped up. "I'll leave now-!" She said before bolting to her room and slamming the door shut behind her. She sighed and sagged to the floor, resting her head on her palms. 

"Ughhhhhh." She muttered. That was smooth. She rolled her eyes and lifted her head, before screaming. 

A lady stood in the center of Rayla's room. She was tall and lean, chocolate brown hair cascading down her back to her waist. She wore a dress of scarlet that a queen would wear and her pale wrists and hands shown. Her back was towards Rayla and her hands clasped a fan behind her back. 

Rayla jumped up, hand drifting to the door knob. "W-who are you?" She asked, voice quivering slightly. 

The lady laughed. "Why, my dear Rayla, thats a silly question to ask." 

Rayla's hand paused. Something about this women drew her in. (Stop giggling reader) The lady seemed to be completely at ease. 

"So then whats a good question?" Rayla tilted her head. 

The lady stayed silent, thinking. "That itself is a good question." 

Rayla shook her head, confused. 

"Aren't you late for your little date with that human boy?" The lady asked. 

Rayla nodded but refused to move. "I don't trust you here alone." she said. The lady in red laughed. 

"I didn't think you would." 

Rayla squinted her eyes. She didn't call for help, she wasn't in immediate danger. 

"Then please leave." She said, voice hard. The lady's laugh got deeper and more menacing. 

"Oh dear Rayla, I'm not leaving. This ship is my grave." She cackled before turning around and Rayla gasped. She had no face. Only a mouth which curved into a smirk. 

Rayla stood, frozen. 'MOVE!!!' her mind screamed at her but she just watched the lady.

The women's clothes turned into black and her body seemed to thin out, becoming more ghost like. Her scream turned into blood curdling shrieks and Rayla could hear footsteps approaching fast. 

Rayla was begging her body to move, to run, to get out of there, do to anything but watch but it was like she was in a trance. Then the lady lunged at her.  

Rayla opened her mouth to scream, but she couldn't do anything. The lady passed right through her and the door, dissapearing. As soon as she was gone Rayla's voice came back. 

Scream after scream racked her body and she fell to her knees. Callum, Amaya, Matthew and other crew members rushed in, some carrying swords. Callum immediately fell right next to Rayla, hugging her tightly to his chest.

Rayla's screams never ceased and she clawed at Callum's exposed arms like an animal. Hot tears ran down her cheeks. Amaya and the crew members searched the room while Callum cradled Rayla. 

"Rayla, love, whats going on?!" He asked worriedly, not even noticing the skin coming away with her fingernails and the new scratches on his arm. 

Rayla's screams turned to sobs, and she could no longer support herself. However, she felt like the whole thing was happening so far away. Like she was a stranger in her own body. Was this her body? She didn't even know. 

It was like she was trapped in her mind. She was completely calm and ready to explain but her body refused to let her. 

Callum picked her up and set her on her hammock, stroking her hair. Rayla watched as her body curled up into a ball, shuddering and whimpering. She was so confused. And tired. Oh so so tired. 

She finally drifted off to sleep, the last words entering her brain being "Rayla please come back! Whats going on?!" But if she was being truthful, she couldn't answer that question.