Mermaid Test Part 8

Ya'll happy now? XD I will finally explain what a Mermaid Test is while I'm sitting on my couch =3

---------------------------------

Callum's eyebrows drew together. "A what?" He asked. 

Lari played with her fingers. "Mermaids or mermen get this thing called a Mermaid Test. Its kinda like having dreams or visions. Before you've had your mermaid test, people can try to teach you about it but you'll forget. So you can't really prepare."

"So you've had yours." Callum said. Lari nodded. 

"In a mermaid test, you have horrible dreams or see things that aren't really there. Usually after an episode you lose your ability to move your body or you feel like your watching yourself from other peoples perspectives. The whole point of a mermaid test is to see if you're strong enough to get through it. If your not..." Lari became uncomfortable. "You lose all your memories, you become a human, and your given a new life. The magic that surrounds a test will keep you away from your loved ones forever and you'll never meet or see them again." 

Callum was shocked. "S-so your saying- if Rayla doesn't make it through her test... I'll never see her again? She won't remember me?" 

Lari nodded, tears pricking her eyes. "I didn't mean to start it. It just happened- I'm so so sorry." She buried her head in her hands and her tears mixed with the ocean. 

Callum blinked, unsure of what to do before awkwardly setting his arm around Lari's shoulder. Then, to his surprise, Lari turned and pressed her face against Callum's chest and grabbed onto his shirt. 

Callum patted her back. "Uh it'll be okay. Theres no need to cry." He said. "Rayla's strong. She can do this." 

Lari sniffed and nodded but didn't remove herself from Callum's body. Callum's cheeks went pink. 

"How do you know Rayla?" Callum asked, trying to change the subject. Lari sniffed again and whipped her eyes, sitting up. 

"I'm her sister." She smiled. 

Callum fell off the bed. "Your her WHAT?!?" 

Although it made a lot of sense. Lari was so concerned for Rayla's well being and her safety and they looked so similar. 

Lari giggled and extended her hand to help Callum up. 

"Yep. Her sister. Well, step sister." She said, pulling Callum to his feet. Callum blinked, eyes wide. 

"Woah." He said. 

The sun had nothing on Lari's smile. 

"So what do we do now?" He asked. 

Lari frowned, biting her lip as she thought. Suddenly her face lit up. 

"I'll take you on a tour!" She cried.