65. ...Altering the Future....

" I watch myself falling for you and there is nothing prettier than realization.."

"Shehnaaz why are you getting so nervous baby, I will manage" he told her on the phone, as she removed her gloves throwing them on the floor..humming in response.."So how many knuckles?" he chuckled..deciding to distract her..

"How did you know" she asked surprised with a smile playing on her lips..

"I know, because I do, You always box when you are nervous or in your worst mood" he spoke taking another turn..

"How many times did you correct your collar" she quipped..

"7" he said sheepishly..

"You always do that when you are nervous" she chortled..

"Ofcourse I am, I mean they are your parents, and I am going to be like, "Hi I want to marry your daughter" and the biggest what if they say no, you know I can't-"

"Relax ya, They will love you, everyone does, a bit too much, tabhi to Vaidehi is coming with you instead of being with me here" she asked pouting and smiling at the same time, he looked besides him with Vaidehi sitting on passenger seat, as she was sparkling and looking out of the window, binging on ice cream she blackmailed him into buying..

"Tune ice cream dilayi na usko"

"Tuje kaise pata" he asked back..

"Tabhi itni chup hai vo, thand dekhi hai bahar, how does she always make you do things like that? " she whined over the phone..

"Like you don't" he teased..

"Like you do" she made a face, as she spoke..

"I do, do you" he played along..his voice holding mischief..

"Wall"

"Terrace"

"Beach" she said, her cheeks flushing with colours..

"It was my idea" he spoke taking pride...

"It was me" she spoke giving him back with equal stance, making him smile wider..

"You know I am coming to meet your parents and you are -"

"Shush, Vo sun legi, What are you-" she spoke cutting him coyly..

"Arre, I was saying you are still boxing, I am coming to meet your parents, to your house for first time, go dress up, Dirty mind" he teased laughing, their nervousness long forgotten in their chatter..

"I will kill you someday" she grunted laughing along..

"You do everyday" he flirted..

"Bye" she said blushing hard..

"See ya" he spoke cutting the call, tapping on his airpods, in his ear..

He was nervous wreck, he was going to meet her parents for first time,she had already gone to their house a day after returning from Goa, they decided on her not renting the house back in Mumbai and instead get shifted to theirs after marriage.and also her parents insisted on her staying there which seemed to be a good idea, so she was staying with her parents, while they redecorate his house to make it their home, Vaidehi insisted on coming with him today, so he picked her up from school directly to his house and now to her parent's house, it was first time he was going to meet a girl's parents, not just any girl , his woman, love of his life and this was making him more nervous, she may not say it but like every girl she also wishes for her parents to love her choice, she told how she could not even take permission from her parents for Shreshth ever and her parents never liked idea of their marriage, also the reason they both opted for court marriage, their marriage was nothing but a commitment for Vaidehi, but this this must be so important to her, and that makes it more important to him, the more he thought about it the more he felt nervousness kicking in, last time they were this close to marrying, it was so hasty to do things right, but this time he wanted to do each and everything and that too in a right way, this time he is more passionate about marrying her, her as a whole, with her baggage, her flaws, her past, her present, and everything that had her name written over it, his mother had already met her parents when they were in New York and they gelled up as he heard, but he will be there as a prospective groom, for their only daughter, he would be under microscope for being suitable for her and that thought was scaring..