Chapter 15 A Day With The Knights A Night With The King

Disclaimer: I do not own the fan art or the characters just the story.
    Remember:
   Underline words: means Easter Eggs
    ........❤️...........: Time skip
    'Taking to self'

~~~~~~~💙~~~~~~~

'Ahhhh! I can't believe I fell asleep cuddling with Arthur! Again!' Merlin sighed while burying her face in her hands full of embarrassment.

'Hell I completely forgot that we didn't bring the horses! Ugh and knowing Arthur, he's laughing his fat ass off .'

'Also what Am I even doing out here?!'  Merlin stop walking. Looking at her surroundings, she was not to far from the cave. But far enough that Arthur wouldn't be able to hear her.

After calming herself down she decided to at least gather a few sticks for the fire. That why it would at least seem like she just didn't just run out of the cave from embarrassment. That and so she wouldn't have to hear Arthur asked her wheres the so important firewood that she needed to run out of the cave for?

She never hear the end of it. If she came back empty handed.

'It probably be best that I let someone at the palace know that we're okay.' She though to herself.

Merlin closed her eyes, relaxing her body, and clearing her mind. Imagines of the palace flashed in her head. Than of the halls until she felt the presents of a certain knight came into view.

'Just the knight I was looking for.'  She smiled.

"Lancelot."

"Merlin?"

She could picture it perfectly. Him spinning around trying to see where she was at.

"Lancelot."

"Merlin?! Wh...where are you?"

"I'm still in the woods with Arthur. I'm speaking with you through my magic."

"Well that explains it. Why are you still in the woods? I thought you two would be back by now."

Merlin told him of the bandit attack and the rain. Everything but waking up in Arthur's arms that is. Her face heated at the thought.

"I see, well just make it back without getting into trouble please. I know how you two are."

"Please do we always get into trouble at lest not that much...on the way home at lest." She said with an innocent smile.

"Oh and another thing, why didn't you just make the rain stop?"

"Well it's just that it hasn't rain in while. And the fields need the water."

"Of course, another noble thing you do for this kingdom and not getting any thanks. So, let me say thank you on the behalf of the kingdom."

"Not that noble considering I didn't even think about stopping the rain at the time."  She chuckled.

" Either way you still do a lot for this kingdom and deserve more than just a simple 'thank you.'

" I'm fine with a simple 'thank you'  though a parade would be nice!"

"One day there will be a big 'THANK YOU!' festival with a big feast and most likely a drunk Gawain. And it last for weeks or longer depending on how much we can party!"

"Ah! That be really great. But unfortunately that wont happen anytime soon or ever." 

"Just keep hoping." He said. Also hoping that it to came true.