Bonus Chapter : Suho

The bright sunlight that floods through the windows indicates that it is morning once more. I groan and cover my head with a pillow. Immediately, my elementum starts to act up, and darkness floods over the room. It blocks the sunlight, which provides a haven from the harsh light.

Darkness. It is persistently with me, and as my elementum, it is my power. I can bend darkness, and command shadows to my will; I cannot imagine a time when it is not with me.

"Finally, peace," Zaid grumbles as he twists in his bed. In all honesty, none of us were morning people. None of us could stand the sunlight in the morning while being like nocturnal bats at night.

Zaid is on my right; he is an intense late night gamer. He generally spends any of his free moments playing games, and he has the best PC and gear out of all of us.

Akira's bed is above me; he is, essentially, like the leader of our dorm room. He keeps us in order and has natural leadership skills. He is a social butterfly; he can talk to anyone and everyone.

Jun is located above Zaid; he is the class president of our grade; he and I are constantly shifting between first and second place, and studying to keep our marks up. Jun's biggest hobby is music, and we often complain about his untimely practice sessions.

I let out a big yawn as I rub my eyes awake. I take a look around the room; all four of us are lying on our beds like zombies. The last night of studying had taken a toll on us, and even the slightest glimmer would disrupt our peace. After a few minutes, we finally force ourselves to wake, as we don't want to waste the free lunch hours before our classes.

The four of us generally missed breakfast. We don't have the time in the morning, with all our late night studying, we could barely wake in the morning.

I hear a vibration from my phone; I reach out to grab it, and I see a long chain of texts. Smiling, I open my messaging app and start to reply.

Zaid leans over as he watches me on my phone.

"What'cha doing, Suho?" He asks curiously.

"Nothing," I grumble, and move out of view. Akira laughs, and he and Jun exchange looks.

"He's probably texting Keiki," Jun says, as he crosses the dorm to the mini-fridge. He grabs a soda and throws one at each of us.

"Shut up, Jun," I tell him as I bring the cool soda to my mouth.

"Yeah, look at him. He's texting Keiki," Akira laughs. "Suho, how's your girlfriend been doing?"

I feel the heat slowly creeping up my face. It has been a few months since I first started dating Keiki, and Akira and Jun still could not get off of my case. As the youngest out of the four of us, they found pleasure in the constant teasing. Annoyed, I throw my empty soda can at them. Akira laughs as he catches the can.

"Do you guys wanna head down to the commons before class?" Zaid says. Jun nods, while both Akira and I shake our heads.

"No, I have to go," I tell him. "I have somewhere to go."

"Yeah, I can't either," Akira says. "I need to study for Eluis's exam."

We agree to meet again in class, and we all go our separate ways.

I start my morning run at the track, which I need to clear my head every day. I can hear the whispers around me, darting eyes, and covered mouths. I ignore them as much as I can, but they are always there. Sua always tells me that they are my fans, but I'm sure they are whispering about how different, how dark, and a misfit I am.

My breath becomes haggard by my seventh lap around the track. I take a drink out of my water bottle, and then wipe the sweat from my forehead. I take a deep breath in and look up at the clear blue sky. The bright sunlight beats down at me, which reminds me of Suji, my older sister. Suji's elementum is light, brightness. However, I can tell that there is darkness within her. There is darkness within all of us, and I can see through everyone.