Goodnight Pretty Girl

I sat alone in my home, thinking over the recent events, when I heard the door knob jiggle a bit. My gaze, darted towards the sound. The door then swung open to pretty girl standing there with a cardboard box in hands.

"New house," She spoke to herself, "Maybe this one won't be so bad."

All morning I quietly watched her unpack her things. My thoughts buzzed around my mind, thoughts of my brother, the war, and if I could try talking to this girl.

Now she sat on the couch, sipping on, what I assumed to be, tea. In her hands was a tiny device I had never seen before. The device had all sorts of buttons on it with a tiny, tv screen like thing on it. She taped the buttons so fast, I could barely keep up. What is this thing?

Suddenly, it began making a loud noise, and shaking. Oh god! That can't be good!

I hid behind the couch, terrified. She just began talking. Is she talking to me?

Slowly, I got up from behind the couch. Pretty girl was talking into the device. Oh... is it a... some sort of... telephone? Strange...

"...you should come over! See the place. It's pretty nice," She spoke, then giggled, "Tomorrow would be just fine." Someone's coming over? What do I do? Stay quiet? Who am I kidding? I couldn't talk even if I wanted to...

"Well that's fine..." Y/n kept speaking as I thought, "Yeah, we'll do lunch. Sounds good, I'll talk to you later Petey, bye." And with the press of a button, she was no longer talking, and folded the device in half. Woah...

There was a smile present on her face as she got up with her empty mug in hands. I watched her set the mug in the sink, and happily sigh to herself. My eyes couldn't tear their gaze away. She made me smile just standing in the kitchen. All I wanted to do was admire her. I've never seen such a pretty girl before...

She began walking past me, through the kitchen and back into the living room, when she began to shiver. For just a split second I thought of talking with her, I had even opened my mouth just slightly, but I found myself unable to form any words. What would I even say?

I sat down on the floor while she sat on the couch, still shivering. She grabbed some sort of device with buttons all over it. The device reminded me of the telephone she used, except this one didn't have a screen. Once again, I found myself diving for cover behind the couch. What could that be!? Oh god... I don't want to die!

But, to my surprise, nothing happened. Except for sounds of talking. Very slowly, I stood up from behind the couch to see the tv was on. The channel changed in almost an instant, yet I didn't see anyone fiddling with the buttons on the tv. My gaze fell back down to the device. Every time the girl pressed a button, the channel changed.

Woah... that's incredible... and the television! It's in color! Does everyone have one in the future? They're so expensive... how could that be?

Now that I knew this girl wasn't holding some sort of explosive device, I sat back down on the floor. The girl shivered. She pulled a blanket over herself to keep warm. I couldn't exactly tell why she always shivered near me, but I found it very odd.

This whole situation is odd... I wish she could see me... or that I had the confidence to talk to her... ugh... I'm such a yuck... I was in the army! I should be able to talk to girls! This shouldn't be hard... yet here I am... a simple hello is all I have to say... maybe I'll wait... I don't want to freak her out...

As I drowned in my own thoughts, I heard the sounds of shivering come from just a few feet away. I could only imagine the sounds were coming from the girl, so I stood up to find her asleep on the couch. My thoughts had consumed me so much that I hadn't even realized how dark it had become.

The pretty girl shivered with her blanket almost completely on the floor and the television still on. With a bit of hesitation, I pulled the blanket over her, and grabbed the device with many buttons. How do I do this?

So many buttons littered the small black rectangular device. I studied it for a moment, before guessing which button could be the 'off switch'. This one says power... I don't think it's any of these arrows or numbers...

I took my guess, and, luckily, I was right. The screen turned black and there was no longer sound coming from it. My gaze shifted back down to her, fast asleep. Aww... she's so cute...

For some strange reason, I felt no sense of tired. I had no desire for sleep like I used to, so, I found myself wandering around the home. After awhile I began to grow bored, up until I came back to the kitchen table, eyeing the memorial. Without much thought, I gently twirled the deceased flowers between my fingers. Then, something caught my eye.

Beneath the flowers lay a folded up piece of paper. Immediately, I grabbed it. The page had been folded in half very neatly while ink writing bled through. Something inside of me felt very strange as I held the note in hands. But, I found myself ignoring said feeling and unfolded the page.

Mikey,

Just from the first line I could tell who these cursive swirls belonged to. Betty... my girl back home... ugh... I definitely didn't miss her... still don't...

I irritatedly sighed to myself before reading on.

Why haven't you written to me? It's been weeks. I miss you so much.

That makes one of us...

You know how much I worry. Back home everything is pretty much the same. I miss you, a lot. I wish you'd come home. Everyone misses you and Gerard. It's a lot quieter. I wish I could write more, but I'm running low on ink. I love you, take care of yourself.

~Betty Louis

I never did write back to her... not once... she was always so good to me... I was a terrible boyfriend... she deserved better... so much better...

Then, I heard movement from the living room. Immediately, I dropped the letter and went into the living room, now looking down upon pretty girl from behind the couch. She had shifted her sleeping position.

As I watched over her, I rested my head in my arms on the top of the couch, causing my body to bend down. She's so pretty...

She began shivering again. I looked around for another blanket or something to keep her warm. What if I just... brought her to bed? I could carry her... yeah...

As carefully as I could, I picked her up, holding the girl in my arms with a blanket wrapped around her. She felt so warm. I smiled to myself, carrying her to my bedroom. I could get used to this... my darling...

Luckily, the bedroom door was open when I got upstairs. I laid her down on the bed, and pulled the covers up over her. A hair had fallen into her face, so I gently brought it back behind her ear. She's so pretty... goodnight pretty girl...

OwO-
Awwwww so sweet Mikey. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Srry it took so long to get out, I wrote like three other versions and didn't like it :/ But here it is now! Have a good day~peace out cheesebags