Chapter 2

"A family meeting? And they need me?" Muttering to himself, Jungkook took off his t-shirt drenched with his sweat due to the excessive exercise he coaxed his physique into.

It was of no doubt that people in their twenties needed their excessive release or more could be said the unstable release of hormones has way more control in their body than brain.

The same goes for Jeon Jungkook. He got the message about this family meeting before he goes to the gym.

It was from his elder brother, stepbrother Kim Namjoon. Texts from him are normal, that's how they deliver more than that of talking with each other face to face.

It may seem awkward to people but talking to each other face to face is more awkward for them. Not like that, they never talked to each other but due to family situation, it's being normal for them to talk through short messages.

Shrugging off the matter that why they need him in this meeting, he decided to get ready for the meeting. He wanted to at least hold a confident expression, not wanting anyone to find out his hypersensitivity.

He thought of wearing formal clothes. But he didn't want to show he is being too much excited or curious about this meeting. So he decided to wear something casual yet a bit formal.

After taking a bath, he opted for pair of well-ironed jeans and a silk black shirt. Dressing, he stood in front of the mirror while tugging the shirt at his waist, leaving the very first button of the shirt open. Jeans were hugging his legs tightly while the shirt hugged his body, leaving open to the onlookers imagination.

Styling his hair and spraying a puff of perfume on each side of his neck, the youngest stepped out of his room.

Though they all lived in one house the way they communicated with each other, seemed like they were miles apart. Each room is treated like each house for them in the whole mansion. Everyone minded their own business in rooms.

Walking all way to his father's room, he stood before the door. Facing the door, he tried to twist the knob with full confidence yet, he could feel his heart racing without any limit. 

The moment he was about to twist out the knob, a sudden cough sound made him flinch severely.

He took a moment to let the situation sink in. Jungkook turned to find his older brother right behind him. He huffed and saw that he was also in his casual clothes.

Well, Hyung maybe we share do share the same brain cells even after we have different mothers

He smirked internally. Taking away his gaze from him, he tried to cough to ease the situation.

"How are you Jungkook?" Namjoon asked him out of the blue which startled him again.

"Y-Yeah I am fine. How are you?"

So, It's a relief that you didn't forget each other's manners.

Thinking that he replied to him in an affirmative.

"Let's get in"

Namjoon twisted the doorknob and entered the wide room with Jungkook following him. No doubt, they rarely entered the room. Entering the room, they already saw their father sitting on the royal rocking chair, with eyes closed. They also saw their mother sitting on the sofa, lost in her thoughts gazing outside the window.

"Oh, my darling son is here."

Watching the boys entered the room, Mrs. Jeon Yeji stood up and came to her son, Jungkook. Her heels clicked on the wooden floor as she approached her son. The sight of his whole appearance and earned a pleasant hum from her lips. Eventually, Mr. Kim Joo Hyuk sat properly opening his eyes.