Chapter 3

There was always this unnamed, unannounced relationship between funerals and rain.

Whenever there was a funeral, the rain would just come around.

The usually abandoned graveyard was now full to the brim, as raindrops disrupted the numerous puddles continuously.

Numerous unknown, stoic faces stood.

Some with umbrellas over their head while the others stood in the rain.

Jimin was one of those people who had battled the rain with his head. He stood just away from the casket, behind a motionless Jungkook and Namjoon.

The casket was black balsa wood with gold cravings. Every bit majestic as the King himself.

Just 2 days ago, when Jeon Yeji entered her husband's chamber, assuming the fact that the insomniac husband was sleeping more than he usually did, no one had expected her to scream at the top of her lungs and run for her life.

She ran into a sprinting Jungkook's arms, her face white with horror as her son bombarded her with questions. Soon, she passed out in her son's arms.

Jungkook stood in front of the slightly ajar door. That slightly open door was enough for him to see what exactly had made his mother like this.

And he too fell silent and horror-struck.

Namjoon came running down his study upstairs, such was Mrs. Jeon's scream's volume, and was utterly bewildered to see his little brother standing in front of his father's room with their step-mother, unconscious in his arms.

The older's usually broad and steady frame trembled as he reached for his father's chamber. Too scared to take a peek and find out the mystery behind his younger brother and step-mother's fear and horror.

But he did!

A painful gasp escaped Namjoon's lips as his bare feet felt moisture underneath them.

His eyes grew twice their size as he took in the butchered-up appearance of his father, his blood drenching the carpet.

His face was twisted in pain.

Those dead eyes stared back, wide. Joo-Hyuk's eyes screamed out every emotion he must've felt while someone had vented their anger out on the King's stomach and chest.

It seemed as though Kim Joo Hyuk was offered to his murderer as a venting pillow, who'd taken the liberty to stab the man.

Until and unless their anger subsided, they had the permission to destroy the man's body.

Namjoon's stomach twisted. He felt like he was gonna throw up. Kim Namjoon swallowed hard, trying to hide his emotions from showing.

His eyes stung as he tried really hard to swallow the lump forming in his throat. But, they say, the heart might lie. But the body never does.

So, despite the now oldest Kim's many protests, his emotions took over his senses. His tears came flowing down as the raging storm of emotions came crashing against reality.

Or maybe, Namjoon just realized he was now an orphan.

Namjoon's mother's death occurred when he was just an infant. So, he does not have much memory of her. But growing up, Namjoon was looking up to his father. And his death came like a sudden blow.

It seemed ironic. Since last night was one of those rare nights where Namjoon didn't fall asleep sad that he had his father as a father.

Given the series of events since he was young, it was natural for Namjoon to feel unloved.