iv. her true love

❀⊱━━━━━━━━━━━⊰❀

❀⊱━━━━━━━━━━━⊰❀

Harry ate his Treacle Tart slowly while watching the blonde man who introduced himself as Draco Malfoy. He was starting to regret his decision, seeing Draco Malfoy his own sweets that Harry bought with gusto. It was like he had forgotten why Harry had called him out there in the first place. Draco was about to place a Cauldron Cake in his mouth when he noticed how Harry was looking at him.

"Ooh, what a seductive stare." Draco grinned at him. "I think I'm falling." Harry looked away from him in disbelief though his cheeks flushed slightly at the comment.

"Just to let you know, you can date me." Draco continued on. He put down the shades that rested on his head and ate his Cauldron Cake. "Because I'm not really your brother." 

"Who was the other woman in the picture?" Harry asked him right away, wanting to know that one thing.

"Thank you." Draco took the chocolate cake from the waiter then he smirked at Harry. "So, you're curious, eh? Wait, I'm hungry, I think I need one more." He started looking at the menu.

Harry looked away to calm himself down before sighing and glaring at the Malfoy. "Can you stop wasting my time? Who was the other woman in the picture?"

"Geez, you're too grumpy." Draco rolled his eyes and put down his fork before he cleared his throat to tell the tale he heard so many times he could recite it by heart. "It all started one normal day..."

September 1976

"Go on!" Some of the Hufflepuffs pushed Amos Diggory towards Dorcas Meadowes.

"Sorry, I have to go and find my girlfriend." Dorcas simply rolled her eyes and walked away, making the Hufflepuffs tease Amos. 

Lily Marie Evans was walking down the corridor while reading one of her Potions textbooks, trying to drown out the noise around her. She smiled upon hearing the exchange between Dorcas and the Hufflepuffs, Dorcas's girlfriend would be happy to hear what happened. When she couldn't focus due to the noise, she sighed and slammed it shut. Reading would have to take a backseat.

"Lily!" Someone shouted from behind her. Lily smiled when she saw it was her best friend, Marlene McKinnon. "How could you just leave me with that old dingbat?"

"Marls, I–" Lily let out a shriek when someone had flown past her. She moved to dodge him but shrieked once more when two more people had flown past her. She glared at the three boys who were laughing and bumping each other's fists with red bandanas wrapped around their arms. Those three boys were part of the Marauders. Lily didn't think the name Marauders fit them though. She thought that they were more like gangsters with the pranks and tricks they pulled off.