ix. a risky acceptance

❀⊱━━━━━━━━━━━⊰❀

❀⊱━━━━━━━━━━━⊰❀

Lily walked down the corridors tiredly. It had been a long day from breakfast to Charms. The Marauders just wouldn't give up on her, but she too didn't give up. It would take a lot more than what they were doing to make her say yes... not that she planned on saying yes.

It amazed Marlene to see how strong she was, but that was Lily for you. Strong-headed and stubborn. She walked past Professor McGonagall and Filch, greeting them quietly as they seemed to be arguing about something.

"Who will clean this up?" Professor McGonagall said to Filch while pointing at the wall where there was graffiti that could not be erased by magic. "The Minister of Magic is coming tomorrow."

"I got Mumblemumps, Miss." Filch showed her his arms.

"Fine, go. Make sure you find someone." Professor McGonagall sighed in exhaustion.

As Lily turned the corner, her eyes widened to see Alexandra, Sirius, Remus and Peter there. Oh, they just couldn't give up. Before she could go back, Peter already spotted her and grinned excitedly. "Hey, there she is."

"These guys just don't stop." Lily muttered and started turning around to go back the path she went through.

"Go, run after her!" The four of them started chasing after Lily who started running as fast as she could to get away from whatever they were planning. Lily ran back down the corridor, and Alexandra saw that Professor McGonagall was just a few meters ahead of Lily, a grin coming onto her face with an idea. She took something from her bag and threw a book at the Professor's head.

Professor McGonagall turned around at that, her cheeks flushing due to anger. She was about to ask who did it, but Alexandra, Sirius, Remus and Peter all pointed to Lily to accuse her. When Professor McGonagall looked at her, Lily turned back around and saw their fingers pointed at her.

"It wasn't me, Professor." Lily said immediately, trying to defend herself.

Professor McGonagall wasn't stupid. She knew not to trust the Marauders after everything they pulled off. But still, she turned to the two Hufflepuffs who were in front of her. They were the best people to ask. "Who was it?"

The two Hufflepuffs looked at the Marauders who were glaring at them menacingly, their fingers still pointed at Lily. They knew better than to go against the Marauders.

"It was Lily, Professor." The two badgers said.

Professor McGonagall glared at Lily who was dumbfounded at the turn of events. "I expected more from you, Miss Evans, a Prefect."