shut !

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

— 0 1 | megumi has a crush .

"YOU LIKE MIMI—" Megumi was quick to throw his hand over the brunette's mouth, halting her from spilling anymore of his embarrassing confession. Green eyes alarmed slightly with his classmate's outburst, he was determined to make sure of the safety of his secret.

Both he and Nobara were currently waiting in the school's large athletic field, their senpais on the way to start their training for the upcoming goodwill event with the Kyoto sister school. "You know, if someone tells you something like this, they do intend for it to be kept in confidentiality."

Nobara lifted an unamused brow, the male removing his hand from her mouth where it previously had been to keep her from talking. "Whatever you say. Isn't she coming back from a mission today?"

"Yeah," he sighed, hand dragging down the features of his face slightly as he let his train of thought run its course. The girl on his mind would be coming back from a mission with Inumaki Toge, another one of his upperclassmen. 

"Then you should tell her," a brown-haired girl deadpanned, the eye roll that followed only irking the male more. "It's really as simple as that."

"As if you've ever done this before," Megumi defended, the thought of confessing sending his stomach tumbling. "How do you even know Akemi-senpai anyway?"

Though Megumi was only a first year, he had spent enough time with his upperclassmen to know that Kobayashi Akemi was no shaman to take lightly. And while hadn't been able to witness her skills firsthand, all of the other second years respected her greatly and it seemed it wasn't just her skill that swept it all up for her. She had Maki even admit she had met her match in weapon-wielding, not something that he had ever heard of occurring in history.

When he had first met her, Megumi had realized two things: the first being that if there were terrible things such as cursed spirits, why couldn't there be angels? The second thing was that if his senpai wasn't one, he'd personally have a word with whoever sat atop it all. 

Nobara snapped her fingers, her expression brightening as her memory recollected. "She kidnapped me, actually."

"Come again?"

The brunette shook her head, waving her hands in disagreement. "It's not what you think, and honestly, I'm glad she did," she laughed, letting out a small huff of content as she continued. "I was out shopping in Tokyo and she suddenly grabbed me and dragged me to a nail salon. Long story short, she was supposed to be there with Maki-san, but ended grabbing the wrong person—me."

Her lips pulled into a cheeky grin, citrine hues sparkling in afterthought. "Apparently the salon had a sale if you brought a friend and she begged to at least make it up to me and we had a ton of fun. I learned that Mimi-chan has killer style."

"Uh-huh," Megumi replied, Nobara tilting her head as if giving him a contemplating expression. "I feel that telling her would screw up any chances of getting to know her better if she doesn't reciprocate. Not to mention, I don't even know if she's into guys."

Nobara was intrigued. "What do you mean?"

Slightly embarrassed at his eaves-dropping actions, he rubbed the back of his neck, eyes narrowed as he looked around to ensure no one was in earshot of the two first-years. "I heard her talking about her taste in women with Zenin-senpai," he started, "and the topic of men never once came up in the conversation."

"Pfft, oh dear," snorted the girl. "Sucks to suck, huh?"

"Shut up."

In a flash, her amused demeanor stained serious, the look in her eyes somewhat accusing. "In all seriousness, you should tell her. It'll make you feel better than just keeping it to yourself," Nobara started. "If you don't tell her, you'll regret it later, trust me."

Megumi waved a dismissive hand, trying to convince himself more than her that it wasn't a big deal. At least, he told himself that it wasn't. "Yeah, yeah, I just hope it isn't too obvious."

"I can tell her when we go shopping later if you want," the girl suggests, "but honestly? It's pretty obvious."

"What's obvious?"

Both startled, they looked around only to meet eyes with the one upperclassmen they could not have around during this conversation. Kobayashi Akemi.

Her uniform was easily recognizable, the high traditional collar and short-cropped uniform jacket paired with the absence of sleeves exposed her strong arms, which were covered in their usual bandages. High-waisted uniform bottoms ending to expose her bandaged upper abdomen, the pant legs flared out in a baggy manner before being cuffed to her ankles. On her feet, she wore her usual pointe shoes, the silky material not looking to provide much cover from getting stepped on.

That is if you could step on her foot. You'd have to catch her first.

She stood at nearly eye-level height as Megumi, spare the few inches she had on Nobara. Hair braided back in its usual crown, golden bangs framed her curious expression, the searching look in her amber eyes completely innocent.

"Mimi-chan!" Nobara was quick to smooth it over, tackling Akemi in a tight hug, which the upperclassmen had no issue returning, both girls mirroring the same elated grin. 

"A-akemi-senpai, when did you arrive?" Megumi bit the inside of his cheek, the slight heat that invaded his expression only a reminder of their previous topic of discussion.

"Hmm," Akemi thought out loud, placing a manicured finger to her chin as she recalled. A little dimple formed at the side of her mouth as she thought, something Megumi found cherishingly adorable. "About fifteen minutes ago? Not that I care to remember . . ."

Nobara released her, anxious twinkle in her eyes as she pleaded. "Are we still on for tonight?"

"Duh, that new store opened!" Both had started to walk away, leaving Megumi to watch as their figures grew smaller from a distance. 

He sighed, smiling slightly to himself at the encounter. Akemi Kobayashi was a sight for sore eyes and he'd never get tired of seeing her. 

Not that he'd tell anyone that, though.

© lian + all rights reserved