up !

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

— 02 | megumi hates to blush .

THERE WAS A LIGHT RAPPING on his dorm door, Megumi groaning in response, as he had not planned on getting up for a little bit. Shaking the irritated grogginess from his head, he shuffled out of bed, the peeking sun offering him a look of pity at his awoken state. 

Opening the door, he nearly choked at the sight of his fully dressed upperclassmen, definitely making him feel a bit underdressed in his low-hanging sweatpants and lack of a t-shirt. "Akemi-senpai?!"

Eyes widening slightly in realization at his nicely toned and very much shirtless upper body, the girl in question was quick to avert her eyes, cheeks slightly tinted with embarrassment and a strawberry's kiss. She was quick to utter an apology at her actions, "sumimasen."

Kobayashi Akemi, age seventeen, Tokyo Jujutsu High second year and first-grade shaman, currently charged for admiring the beautiful being that is her first-year underclassman, Fushiguro Megumi.

Ruling? Guilty. Her sentence is a flustered embarrassment with a side of a furious blush. 

"I just came to wake you up, I didn't want you to be late." Akemi had suddenly found the frame of his door extremely interesting, Megumi letting out a nervous chuckle whilst running a hand through his onyx locks. "I didn't mean to—"

"It's alright, I'll just, um, get ready then . . ." The awkward tension had come to bite him from behind and he scoured his scatterbrain for a response that wouldn't have the girl he had a thing for thinking he was a complete idiot. ". . . Thanks for coming—er, waking me up that is."

Her face turned to meet his, smile bright and subtly appreciative. "Of course, I always do, anyway!" The tips of her fingers went to toy with the edge of her top, the dark material smoothing out as she fidgeted. "I guess, I'll see you later then, yeah?"

"Yeah, later then." With a final wave, the first year closed the door, turning to face no one in particular as he brought his hands to his forehead in disbelief. Heart rate calming just a bit, he let out a shaky breath, his mood brightened by the mile. 

Megumi could've sworn her eyes looked hopeful.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"ZENIN-SENPAI . . ." Megumi was in his thoughts, the recent encounter with the mother of that janitor still fresh on his mind. "What kind of people do you want to save as a shaman?"

The girl in question, Maki, raised an eyebrow at that, eyes narrowed at him. "Huh? I could care less about who I save."

"I shouldn't have asked." At this, Megumi let out a sigh, looking out at the sports field in the distance. "What weapons can you wield?"