PART FOUR: fake nice girl stuff.

i hung out at moon's house because she wanted me to get to know yasmin. i didn't mind, i don't necessarily judge that easily but if she continues to be a bitch i won't let her walk all over me.

she was painting my nails when she asked, "so do you find anyone cute?"

i chuckled. "yeah, someone." moon turned to yasmin smiling and yasmin shrugged texting on her phone. "what about you two?"

"well moon is still hung up on your bestie hawk."

"yasmin!" moon said almost annoyed.

"really? i hadn't noticed with the longing stares." she looked at me with parted lips and her eyes wide. she then broke into laughter. "what? you make it obvious." we both laughed it died down.

"why not take him back?" i asked and she frowned.

"he's not who i thought he was."

"i don't know... from what hawk said you loved how he always did something unexpected." she continued painting my nails contemplating.

"i did. i just don't like the person he's become. it's that dojo-"

"not you too!" i exclaimed. "it's a dojo. karate, you know? you act like they build winter soldiers over there."

"it's true. that place has nothing but freaks." yasmin said and i glared at her. "i mean one of them is literally insane. started that whole mess with the nerd in the coma, she should've been thrown in jail-"

"are you saying that because one of those freaks completely destroyed your reputation? dimishing any chance you had to climb the social latter in high school? all because you got a wedgie at a party.... hawk told me all about that. you'll live." she stood up very upset this time.

i stood up too getting up into her face. "i don't need karate to know that i can still kick your ass."

"girls!" moon said standing between us.

"she started it." yasmin said.

"no i was ending it." i said walking out.

"where are you going?" they called out.

i didn't think this through at all but next thing i knew i was knocking at her door. shit. i could probably still make it out if i run for it. suddenly the door slightly opened. i saw her pretty eyes go wide and she came out closing the door.

"uh this is very lame of me. i should've called- texted. but i just went through this whole fake nice girl thing that didn't end very nicely and i just wanted a real nice girl thing and then i found myself here." i said all in one breath.

she blinked.

"how'd you find where i live?"

"oh." i said finally. i looked at her and she had bags under her eyes. her bruises fading away, with her long blonde hair falling down her shoulders, she didn't have any makeup on, she wore baggy clothes, and she looked beautiful. "just went through the roller rink system and searched your name."

she just stared. "sorry this is probably bad timing, im going to go now. sorry for the disturbance." i said walking away.

"wait!" she grabbed my arm keeping me from leaving. i turned to her and she looked at me just as surprised. like she didn't expect she'd do that herself. "wait for me here I'll be out in a minute."

she slide back through the door, leaving me out there and I did as she said and waited. she didn't take long when she came back out with a change of clothes and her hair braided into a ponytail.

"i don't have a shift later today, we can go out?" she asked.