PART EIGHT: vulnerabilty.

I kept thinking about torys guilt. I'd do anything to take that pain and guilt all away. maybe karate is something she does need. it could help take her mind off of everything.

i was in school with demetri and moon when suddenly demetri asked me, "you're friends with tory?"

my brows furrowed, how could he possibly know this? "how do you know that?" I said sipping my coffee nonchalantly. he glared.

"i saw you. with her. at the park. hello!" oh. did he see her crying? i told myself he didn't, hopefully. i know she wouldn't be happy with that.

"oh yeah i was with her."

"what where you doing there so late?" he asked sounding very parental.

"what where you doing there?" i fired back and he groaned saying that wasn't the point.

"i happened to be driving by that park when i saw you and her." he said it with venom in it. i tried to not let it phase me but i didn't like it.

"you don't know her." i whispered.

"and you do?" i just stared at the ceiling trying not to yell.

i breathed out through my nose. "as a matter of fact i do."

moon didn't butt it, seeing how i reacted last time to someone talking about tory.

"she's-"

"in cobra kai ohhh." i finished. "actually if you knew anything, you'd know she's not. at least not right now." he stopped. yup, he didn't know as much as he liked to admit it.

"i have to go, i hate this dojo talk." i caught up with hawk and threw my arm over his shoulder smiling.

"tired of those losers already?"

i glared at him. "im tired of everyone today." he looked at me like he didn't believe me. i just rolled my eyes smiling. the cks where planning mischief as always.

tory and i had barely spoken. just short two worded text messages. i hoped i hadn't said anything wrong.

my phone rang. it was night time.

"hello?" i asked.

"did i wake you? if it's a bad time-"

"—no you didn't, it's not blondie. you're fine don't worry." i reassured quickly.

she hummed. "look i just wanted to get something out there." that made me nervous. my heart pounded in my chest for what was to follow. "i don't do that. i don't know why i did that the other night. i just don't want you to think im weak." she said finally softly.

"i don't think that at all."

"i shouldn't have let you see me like that. it was a moment of weakness that won't happen again." she sounded nearly monotone. i nearly scoffed.

"are you telling that to me or to yourself?" silence. she didn't say a word.

she just sighed.

"it's okay to be vulnerable." i said.

"vulnerability is weakness."

"it's not. you're allowed to feel emotional. you're allowed to let your emotions out. it doesn't make you weak. facing your emotions makes you strong."

she sounded like she wanted to protest but i stopped her. "you are the strongest women i know."

A/N: sorry this has taken so long! i've been having writers block and having a hard time transitioning from the park moment, to the next few moments I want to get into in further chapters. thank you for all the votes! comments are greatly appreciated and help with inspiration <3