chapter three

the weekend was now over and it was time to return to the academy. after shun could make the most embarrassment he could for himself, he woke up the next day and went back home. he couldn't help but feel slightly awkward.

aren seemed to forget about it like it was nothing. shun was grateful for that, but it left an odd feeling lingering within him at the same time.

aren was acting the way they should be. it was nothing, just an accident. accidents happen, and it wasn't a big deal anyway. shun reminded himself constantly and eventually convinced himself that.

it was just another monday morning. shun, nendou and kaidou were walking together as usual.

"how was everyone's weekend?" nendou asked. shun's eyes widened.

' um, shun? '

the smaller boy smacked himself in the head.

you had just gotten over that, idiot!

shun felt blood rush to his face and turned his head away. nendou, oblivious to nobody's response, answered for himself.

"mine was pretty alright. but i found this little girl crying in a park and decided to abduct her-"

shun choked on his own spit.

you decided to what now?

"abduct? isn't that the word for taking someone under your wing?"

in a completely different context.

"well, you didn't let me finish. i abducted her and took her around town to look for her mother," he looked up to the sky "we found her but like 4 hours later."

he's got the spirit, i suppose.

as for kaidou, i don't even want to know. but i do. only because it's all he's thinking about right now. i think i'm going to go insane if he doesn't shut up.

twenty minutes later, the boys were in homeroom. kaidou stood with nendou and teruhashi conversing about a current festival in town.

"i was walking down the street and a lovely man decided to give me some free ones. i have six tickets." teruhashi glanced at saiki with hopeful eyes "kaidou, nendou, youre invited. i also invited yumehara and mera, but mera had work."

that leaves one more ...

kaidou felt a pressure of warmth on his shoulder and immediately knew who was behind him.

"what's everyone talking about?" aren popped his head in between kadiou and nendou. so close, that kaidou could feel his breath on his neck and cheek. it felt as if in his mind he flinched, but physically continued staying still.

teruhashi smiled towards aren.

"ah, kuboyasu! just in time. i have a spare ticket to go to the festival with everyone this weekend! you should come."

kuboyasu scratched the back of his head, quickly averting his eyes to shun and back to teruhashi.

"i'd love to."

everyone began to exit the door to go to their next class after the bell rung.

monday period one, that class is with shun,  aren thought to himself. shun. where did shun go?

just a second ago, he was standing next to his best friend with his hand on his shoulder. the next second, he was pacing as fast as he could out of the door.

"hey, shun! wait up" he called out to the boy, in which he froze, then looked back.

aren's confusion was pushed back to his mind as he smiled at shun.