chapter seven

it was now another night of many thoughts.

shun wasn't sure how he felt about supposedly dating chiyo. he had settled on feeling so uncomfortable due to the unfamiliarity of affection when chiyo reached for his hand.

and there was nothing wrong with her. she was a sweet girl. so it was definitely just him.

"dinner's ready."

just like two nights ago, sora popped her head through the creak of the door. he looked much less miserable than last night, and with that, she smiled.

"did you sort things out?"

shun found himself thinking about aren at every opportunity he could. he began to find it exhausting—frustrating, that he was always on his mind, and now, that feeling intensified at the upbringing of his name.

"no, sora." he held back the emotion in his voice "tell ma i'm not hungry yet."

the door closed. his back bounced onto the bed, mind drifting back to aren. shun wished he wasn't such an idiot. it had only been what? forty-eight hours? it certainly didn't feel like that long. it felt like much longer.

he could've been exhausted from aren's lessons right now instead of missing him. maybe he would be right next to him, deciding to sleep over because he felt lonely. god, shun had never felt this feeling before. why did he have to get so attached to people so easily?

he missed his laugh–the way he looked when he laughed, too. his eyes would squint so much to the point where you couldn't see his eyes at all. it was rare to get a good glance, but in certain occasions, he would stare right into them and get completely lost. they were a beautiful and very dark violet, like the midst of an amethyst, even darker than his hair. he missed his stupid company, and his stupid handsome face, and his stupidly soft looking lips–

shun, no.

and just as that thought pushed his others away, as if the world wanted him to be a bad person, he heard a buzz from next to his bed.

1 new message.

8:28pm
aren: hey.

shun blinked at the screen before him.

8:29pm
me: hey

8:29pm
aren: why hvnt i seen u
around lately?

"huh?" shun said aloud.

8:30pm
me: i thought you didn't
want to see me anymore
after that stunt i pulled

8:30pm
aren: ur an idiot

harsh much?

8:30
me: i know :/

8:31pm
aren: nvm ur just a
dumbass...

aren: look outside
ur window :D

at the speed of lightning, shun was at the window, glancing down on his street. many street lights were broken, but the one outside his house looked as good as new. it glows on a familiar purple-headed boy with a black t-shirt and jeans.

he wanted to sprint down there as fast as he could. instead, he froze.

"what the hell are you waiting for? you're going to leave a lonely guy in the streets this late at night?"

it's really not that late...

so shun made his way downstairs, and before he knew it, he was standing right in front of the boy he thought he'd never talk to again. his hair was slightly messier than usual–perhaps from tonight's winds–and oh wow that black t-shirt was pretty damn tight.

shun's face turned pink. certainly not because of how toned his biceps were, but he's lucky because despite the street light it's still pretty dark.

he's not even flexing?!

"um, h-hey?"

shun mentally slapped himself for sounding so timid. but aren continued to look down at him quietly, and to be honest, it was intimidating the shit out of shun.

"you wanna go for a walk?"

***

aren had been confused about him and shun's situation the entire time. but shun had ignored him the first day at school and immediately he had assumed that the boy needed some space. after all, they did hang out a lot.

when two days passed, he began to get worried. so there he was, walking right next to him down an empty street. they both looked forward, but every now and then aren would sneak a glance at him.

he wore a dark grey hoodie and just above knee length pants. the hoodie was extremely large compared to his tiny body, the sleeves occasionally slipping over his hands, resulting in a groan of annoyance from the blue haired boy.

he noticed shun had two black sleepers in his left ear. it had been quite a while since he's seen him with any jewellery, especially since when nendou teased him for it, saying it 'made him look more fruity then he already looked.'

he knew nendou wasn't homophobic, he just enjoyed to bicker with shun. personally, jewellery on shun made him even more attractive to aren.

he wouldn't even dare look at him as they continued to walk. aren began to grow even more concerned.

"what's on your mind?" he asked.

"well, you."

the boy's eyes widened.

"i mean, like, why you're here! wait, why are you here? i thought you didn't want to be friends with me anymore."

"woah, what? are you serious? why would i want that?"

kuboyasu couldn't tell what was going on in that boy's head even if he tried. he remembered how he acted that night–and even what he said before making a cliché predictable cliffhanger like the melodramatic person he is, but all was forgotten to aren the next day.

well, not all. maybe he was a little taken aback by certain few words. maybe if shun didn't run away, the words wouldn't repeat in his mind so often. he wasn't too dense. his reaction was suspicious.

that doesn't mean it meant anything extreme, though.

"well, um, maybe i overreacted a little..." shun now wouldn't stop pushing his sleeves back and forth "it's just–i acted like an idiot. and if i were you, i'd probably get sick of me. and we didn't talk the next day either, so..."

"i have an idea."

"hm?" shun's head finally turned.

"if it bothered you so much–which by way, didn't bother me at all because i don't think there's anything you could actually do to make me hate you, let's just forget about that night."

shun was clearly thinking, because there was quite a large pause in the air, but in the end he had looked up at the boy with such beautiful eyes and such a beautiful smile where aren could grab his face right then and there and-

"sounds good to me."

in the swift of time the two were back to the way they always had been. no awkward pauses in the air, no drama.

aren made shun promise to never jump to conclusions like how he did again.