chapter six

physically, shun's head was buried under a pillow. mentally, he wanted to buried six feet under.

as dramatic as this may seem, would you feel the same if you asked someone that you had now multiple (more than platonic) moments and scale-breaking chemistry with to kiss you?

i wasn't actually asking him to kiss him, though.

"your dinner is in the microwave." a younger girl with slightly darker blue hair but matching pale silky skin barged into his room.

"woah. you're really going to go by smothering yourself with polyester and fibre?" she let out a laugh. shun grunted, voice muffled under the fabrics.

"yep. you can go now, sora."

"not until you tell me what's wrong. not that i care about you, i just want to know who to high five for the bringing of your misery."

shun released himself from the pillow and gathered any motivation left in him to shoot his sister a deadly glare.

"i suppose you'll be giving me a high five," he once again sunk his head back into the bed "i think i screwed up my friendship with aren."

"kuboyasu? no way. you guys are inseparable. what did you do?"

shun closed his eyes. when he really made himself think back, he realised how much of a drama queen he had been. even more embarrassed, his face began to heat up the pillow.

sora now sat herself on the end of his bed. he couldn't see her, but he didn't need sight to know that she was staring at him.

"n-none of your business!"

"oh my god! you laid your little dirty paws on him, didn't you?"

with the heat of shun's face, it was quite surprising that the pillow wasn't on fire right now. sora erupted in laughter.

"wait, really? you actually did?"

"why the fuck would i do that?!"

his heart was racing at the thought of anyone assuming such things, possibly, even the thought of him 'laying his paws' on aren as well. sitting up, he reached for his window and pushed it open. the same cold and crisp air that had reminded him of kuboyasu earlier rushed onto his hot face, pushing his hair out of it at ease. then, he leaned over the sill.

sora joined, leaning over next to him. she was silent, watching what was in front of her. shun was confused at the sudden peace between the two.

she seemed to be thinking. the longer it was silent, the more shun had found himself calming down. he studied the shape of tonight's moon, wondering what she was thinking about.

"sorry for assuming things. i forgot not everyone–you know, likes the same sex."

shun took a minute to interpret what she was saying.

"wait a minute..."

"look," she interrupted him, her head hung low "i know i'm young, even though i act like the oldest of us, but i've figured myself out. i wasn't going to tell you for a while to be honest. let alone our parents."

shun continued to stare at her. eventually, he ended his gaze with one slow blink. sora was gay? for some reason, he felt a sense of comfort from that. but also absolute shock.

the darker bluenette looked up shyly from the ground to meet her brothers gaze. shun hadn't seen her look so timid in a long time. the girl had always put him in his place with just one look.

"hey, that's like, awesome! now i don't have to beat any guys up for breaking your heart. wait—do you go both ways?! i don't really want to touch a girl, but i suppose if i have to..."