Millie

Blairr809:
Hey, i hope ur feeling better

Milaaa_17:
yea im good now thx tho

Blairr809:
No prob ;)
Hey I actually thought about wat u said about Robert

Milaaa_17:
Oh
Cool

Blairr809:
Yea so I spoke to him after school and he totally asked me out

Milaaa_17:
Oh
Thats awesome

Blairr809:
Well I said maybe
Idk it just feels weird

Milaaa_17:
Don't worry we'll think of something
Sorry gtg but ttyl?

Blairr809:
Sure i guess...
Xoxo

OH MY GOD. So I'm gone for like 6 seconds and they're already going in dates... You know what? The worst part is I'm happy for her. Even though I try to convince myself I'm not... I just.. Am. She deserves a nice guy, she is amazing and has been so heartbroken since her last boyfriend cheated on her last year. She always has my back and deserves everything good. But why?? Why him??

Suddenly my phone starts ringing. Who must this be? Surprise, surprise.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks, sounding worried.

"So, Robert, I hear you've already asked her out, huh?" I don't even take the time to answer him. All I want right now is to hear it from him.

"Open your window, Mila." his deep voice makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

"Is that some kind of metaphor or something?"

"The fucking window, Mila!" I go to the window, open it and see Robert standing there in his tight white V neck.

"What are you doing here?!" I whispershout. I swear I'm trying to stay really serious and give him a little taste of how terrible I can be when I'm mad, but the smile jumps off my face and I just can't help it. I run downstairs to the front door but right in front of it I see Chuck playing video games and now staring at me confused.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks.

"I'm going outside for a bit. Need some fresh air."

"There are windows in this house, you know?"

"Excuse me, did I leave you under the impression that you have a say in my personal life?" I laugh " 'Cause you don't." I smile sarcastically and he rolls his eyes. I finally get outside where Rob is waiting for me.

"I know you're upset with me, M. I can't stand it when you're upset with me." I look to the ground. "I know you since you were little Millie, putting all the boys to shame at the playground."
We both laugh remembering the same scene of me leading a boy army to destruct English class in exchange for more recess time.

"Glory days" I say.

"M, if you're not happy I need to know why. You're gonna have to tell me eventually." I look back at him.

"Double date." I let out of my lips, in a sigh.

"What?"

"She feels weird about it... the date. If you do a double date it won't feel as awkward. Call Jake or someone and invite them, they can definitely find girls to go with them on short notice; plus, it's gonna be much more fun and an ice breaker in case of weird silences." He nods.

"That's such a good idea!" He says, excited. "But... are you still mad?"

"Shut up." he laughs. I turn around still with the stupid smile on my face and go to the door.

"Wait." he says. I turn around. "Do you by any chance remember my brother?"

"William? Of coarse, what about him?"

"He's coming."

"Really? That's crazy, I heaven't seen him in years." I say, feeling a bit nostalgic. "When's he coming?"

"He'll be here on Saturday."

"How long's he staying?"

"Probably finish up here."

I shake my head. "Wow, a senior already, huh?" I bite my lower lip. I may or may not have a thing for a bit older guys. (And by "I may or may not" I mean I absolutely do) But it's not like I have a thing for Will or anything, I just did it to mess with Rob. Which worked because he's clearly very uncomfortable. I hold myself not to laugh.

"I guess." he scratches the back of his neck. "Anyway, just letting you know. I'll suggest it to Blair first thing tomorrow. Thanks, M." I turn around and get back in the house.

I look behind my shoulders to see him leave, but he's already gone.

He's gone.

And just by seeing the empty space in the yard, I realize you can't really loose something you never had.

~

Can I just say that it's really depressing how we want to say stuff but they can never leave our mouths because of fear of the repercussions?

Oh, that reminds me. I heard someone say once that anxiety is basically fear of something going wrong. Like, you can never really be anxious about something without being fearful at the same time.

At first I was like ohhh stop BS-ing me, but then I was like... Damn this is so true!

Feel free to think about it, my beautiful ducklings.
Xo,
Pri