Prologue

How long had it been?
How long had it been since Earth had experienced a threat to this level?

"Foreman Fritz" A lone guard ran towards the meeting room, shouting the name of his commander.

The head quarters weren't the same as they used to be. The walls that were once bright clean metal were rotting to rust, the brave posters of soldiers were torn to bits, the place was as empty as a ghost town.

Logan remembers how things were when he first joined the Infinity Guard, things were much different then, he was filled with hope.
Logan recalled his team before they were separated, recalled how he fell in love with his partner that was long gone on this suicide mission.

The clicking of his running footsteps were the only sound on this side of the building other than his shouting for the other.

"Foreman Fritz!" He called once again as he burst into the meeting room without knocking.

Logan was met with Mr Fritz staring off into the big windows that lit up the dark room the, the once full table was empty, all seats available for anyone to sit.

"Look ahead" Mr Fritz sighed, staring below at the peaceful scenery of the city "They have no idea whats coming"

Logan quietly walked up behind his commander, glancing out at the blue tranquil sky, his heart hammering with anxiety. The two stood in silence, no one had heard from the other commanders that had left for battle in a long time

"Sir..." Logan took a deep breath, mustering the strength to speak "we are losing too many..."

Foreman Fritz didn't need to hear anymore, he knew what the other meant. 
The soldiers that remained were in the other building, some preparing for battle and to make history, some bidding farewell to their families as they know its nothing but a suicide mission while others....others are far too afraid- being forced upon the ships that will be their death bed.

"At this rate...We'll be joining them soon, pilot" Mr Fritz stated the obvious, their fate set in stone if things continued

"...yes" Logan replied, swallowing the lump of fear in his throat- like every man...he freaked death "however I am ready...for the sake of Earth, Sir" he stood tall. Logan had already lost his comrades and was fully ready to face death on if it meant he could save even a second longer of the planet.

Foreman Fritz couldn't help but chuckle  with bitterness, his comrades he once commanded with were out in battle and dying.

"We need someone that has experience with this to succeed...someone who has dealt with this before" Mr Fritz pointed out, his soft and sad voice hardening back

"Mr Fritz...you don't mean-"

"Yes..." The man span around, facing away from the light the windows seemed to offer "one of the greatest soldiers we ever had, the legend who saved Earth..."

Logan stood there in disbelief, knowing fully well who Foreman Fritz was referring to.
"B-but...No one has heard of him in years! No one knows where he is!"

"That is true..." Mr Fritz seemed to laugh at the pilot's shock "however... We, the Infinity Guard, have been looking all over for him and we found him"

Logan's wide eyes followed the commander as he walked around the table, hands set neatly behind his back as he talked

"Who would've thought he was hiding in plain sight?" Foreman Fritz picked up a folder from the large table, flipping it open to reveal the details of one of their retired guards "a true master mind...

That Gary Goodspeed"