Chapter 4

Little Cato hadn't expected much from Gary's house though part of him already had an idea and it turns out he was spot on.

The house was small and messy, beer cans hanging every corner of the room but it surprisingly didn't smell like tobacco.

It was late when they had arrived and Gary had offered his room for Little Cato to sleep in as he "never use it anyway".
The room was the only tidy place, it seemed almost untouched by the man. The bed sheets were soft and the springy bed surprisingly great- especially for Little Cato who hadn't slept in a proper bed for ages.

The next morning the boy yelped as he was met with two googly eyes staring at him, he quickly sat up and scrambled away to identify what it was.

"Chook!" It appeared to be a small floating green ball with adorable features

"Hi...?" Little Cato greeted, slowly looking around as he mentally reminded himself where he was.

"Chookity!" The alien replied, flying away out of the room.

Little Cato sighed, grabbing his wounded leg with a wince as he reached for his walking sticks and stood up.

"Sup nephew" Little Cato's ears twitched towards the familiar voice, sighing in annoyance as he turned to look at Gary who was leaning against the door frame woth a shit eating grin "sleep well?"

"Y- yeah" Little Cato answered, no longer able to be mean to the man as he was helping him (in a way) "I'll clean your house in a sec-"

"Woah! No rush dude- you got time" Gary walked away towards the living room "plus can't do anything on an empty stomach- sit, I'll make ya something"

Little Cato lifted his eyebrow but followed Gary into the living room, sitting on the sofa that seemed to stick of Gary as he watched the human begin to cook.

"By the way...who's that guy?" Little Cato asked

"Who? " Gary replied, walking over with a cup of hot chocolate for the kid "here"

"The weird- oh thank you- weird green alien" Little Cato took the mug into his hands, allowing it to warm his hands

"What green alien?" Gary asked again, the alien Little Cato was talking about now besides him "you mean this guy? I thought he was yours?"

"What? No- I dont know him" Little Cato turned to the small alien  with worry as it seemed to bark at Gary

The two watched the alien bark and try to bite Gary though it didn't seem to hurt him. A moment of silence passed before Gary began snickering

"Im just kitting with ya, kit" Gary chuckled "should've seen your face"

Gary seemed to laugh more as Little Cato looked at him in annoyance, grumbling as he took a sip of the hot chocolate before yelping as it burned his tongue

"Careful- its hot" Gary grinned, petting the small alien as he span around "This Little ball of snot is Mooncake by the way- he is totally harmless and doesn't shoot laser beams out of his face hole, so don't worry about it"

"That's oddly specific" Little Cato watched the alien chirped and float to his lap "I like him"

"Well...Looks like he likes you too" Gary glanced back at the scene, still getting used to having someone over- it was a nice change of pace from his usual routine.

Gary wasn't used to cooking- any cooking he did would be for Mooncake or because he felt like having something different for a change, so all he could do was hope the kid would like some basic eggs and toast.