Chapter One

Saturday, January 16, 2016
"Come on, Heath. You need to score, It's the final, and Portland needs to win." I say to theTV. "AJ WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?" Anthony, my older brother and gang second in command yells. "I bet money for Portland to win and for Tobin Heath to score. I have $500 on this game." I reply. "HA, good luck with that. Harris is in goal she wo-" he starts, but I cut him off. "YES TOBIN! GAME WINNING GOOOAAALLL!!!! You were saying, Ant? Oh wait, Orlando can't win because there is only 10 seconds left, and guess who gets more money? Not you." I say. "Whatever asshole, you just bet on her because she's your favorite." He says. 

I guess I should introduce myself.... My name is Autumn James Heath, or AJ for short. I am in a gang with my adoptive family. My real family is out there somewhere but they didn't want me so Anthony's family took me in. My job is a distributor of whatever people want, guns, knives, drugs, you name it. I also play soccer for my town.  I am a middie and number 16.

Living in Basking Ridge is hard, because people always tell me I play or look like Tobin Heath. I wish we were related, but we just have the same last name that's it. No relation whatsoever. She's my idol, it would be crazy to play with her, let alone to be related to her.

"AJ I need you to go deliver this to Crazy 8 for me." Anthony tells me. "But Ant, I'm going to miss the awards...." I complain. "AJ..." He warns.
"Going, where am I meeting him?" I ask. "Across from the soccer fields. Take your ball and practice when you're done." "Sir yes sir" I reply as I mock salute him, causing him to give me a 'seriously?' look.

As I get closer to the spot, I start juggling my ball and doing tricks. I get impatient and start to kick the ball against the wall to work on control.
"Hey you have any Candy? My son would like some." The guy I'm meeting asks. "Yea here you go, I have two ounces of the Coke soda bottles." I replied after hearing the code. After I drop the drugs off, I go across the street. I start shooting around 25 yards out. I hit the crossbar, and corners and upper 90's. After about 30 minutes I started working on footwork and agility. I found a spot to do the beep test, so I set my timer and start. I know most people hate the beep test but I love it. I stop once I hit a hundred and run 5 miles. After 5 hours at the park I notice it's 7 o'clock and I need to eat. I stop at Chick- Fil-La and grab salad and a chocolate milkshake. As I walk home I start thinking about life and what I am going to do. Go to college or go pro, Ant thinks I could make it big, but I don't know. I get home and go to sleep, since tomorrow I have the qualifying for the tournament my school soccer Coach wants us to compete in.
-
For some reason, I wasn't able to sleep well last night because I had this feeling. A weird feeling that something is gonna happen at the tournament

I just showered and changed, so I began to gather my things.

"AJ, are you ready to go?" I hear Anthony yell for me. "Yeah, just a minute though." I say as I finish putting on my shoes. I make sure to grab my phone after putting my soccer backpack on.

I make my way downstairs, seeing him waiting by the door. He leads me to the car in which I get in and he begins driving.

His parents, technically mine too but they're actually my bosses, are out of town so he's in charge of taking care of me, and also making sure I do what I'm supposed to.

We make it to the soccer complex and I thank him for the ride before getting out. He has to do meetings with some people while I play, which my game is one of the first of the tournament, which the tournament lasts four days.

I'm already in uniform, I just have to change into my boots once I get with my team.

"Alright, everyone's here now, so listen up. I know we still have a little while until warm ups but I wanna talk to you all." Coach says and we all nod. "The reason I wanted to have you all compete in this tournament is because some of you all have shown me talent that I've never seen before. I didn't want to tell you this until after the game, but there will be National Team scouts here observing the tournament over the next few days." Coach says and all of us are shocked. "What levels?" One of my teammates asked. "U-18, U-20, and the senior team." He says. "SENIOR?!" Some of us say.

This could be my chance.

He continues to speak with us, giving us motivation before warm ups. Once getting ready to play, we hype each other up before it's time for us starters to head to positions.

I look around the side lines and see the U-18 and U-20 team coaches with some of the players and then see Jill Ellis, Hope Solo, Becky Sauerbrunn, Alex Morgan, and... Tobin Heath?!

How are Tobin and Alex here? They literally played a championship game yesterday!

Forget it right now, focus AJ. Just focus.

I blank out my mind and pay attention to the game that is about to start.

The whistle for kickoff is blown and the opposing team starts.

As number 14, this short and fast girl tried to make her way past me but her touch is a little too big, so I'm able to take possession.

I run up the field, easily getting past their players until I start to get closed down on the side. I find that I'm able to kick the ball over them so I play a perfect long air ball to one of our forwards before making my way into the box past my markers.

Sarah, the girl I passed to, gets blocked but she's able to play it back to me in which I shoot it from an angle to where the ball curves around the keeper, putting us up 1-0.

We briefly celebrate before getting back into positions.

This should be fun.