TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE!
- wool, quidditch and butterbeer

'call me friend
but keep me closer'

⋆ ⭑ ☆ ⭑ ⋆

The cold wind chilled Florence's bones as she walked through the Hogwarts grounds. It was a bleak November morning so she was tightly wrapped in a black coat, her Hufflepuff scarf was secured around her neck and a black hat tucked onto her head.

Florence didn't usually like the bitter weather, but it was the Hogsmeade weekend and she had been looking forward to it for weeks. Unfortunately, the Hufflepuff was going alone today as her friends wanted to stay in (although she had strict instructions to buy them treats from Honeydukes!)

"Florence, wait up!"

Turning around, Florence noticed that the voice calling out to her belonged to a tall, messy haired Gryffindor.

"James, hey, how are you?" Florence asked as James joined her side.

"I'm good, thank you. I saw you walking by yourself and was wondering if you didn't mind me joining you today." James replied, the two continuing the walk down the path leading to Hogsmeade.

"Of course I don't mind, the more the merrier." Florence told the nervous Gryffindor. "Are the others not joining you?"

"They're coming up later, I just needed to stop in the Quidditch supply shop and the boys hate waiting around." James explained.

"Same with the girls, apparently I spend too long picking out wool." Florence joked, it appeared both groups weren't up for waiting around in wool or quidditch shops for their friends.

Florence and James continued the walk towards the little village, mainly talking about the upcoming christmas holidays something neither could wait for. They approached the small village of Hogsmeade, taking in the frosted covered cottages and shops, enchanted lanterns were also hanging in the trees, lighting up the town.

Florence led James to the wool shop, it was small and located at the bottom of Hogsmeade. Inside, the shop was filled with multiple shelves of the most wide ranging coloured wools one could ever imagine. It looked like someone had set off a colour bomb, and it was one of Florence's favourite shops especially because the little old lady who owned it was just so cute.

Florence immediately walked over to the pastel section and started picking different shades of wool up, she'd been meaning to knit another lilac jumper as her other one was falling apart (mainly because she wore it all the time).

James was still standing in the entrance, most likely taking everything in. Even though the shop was small it looked like it had almost everything in there and he was amazed by that, standing wide-eyed and mouth agape in the doorway.

Florence looked up to see what James was doing, realising she had left him behind, and she watched as he walked around the different shelves picking random stuff up and just having a look around. He then picked up a ball of red wool and held it up to show Florence, a big smile on his face.

"Now, this is the best colour." James smirked.

"I'd have to disagree, this is the best one." Florence rebuked, showing the lilac coloured wool that was in her hands.